Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Neeves' top five bikes of 2012 General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Michael Neeves' top five bikes of 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Michael Neeves' top five bikes of 2012

As Senior Road Tester, Michael Neeves is in the envious position of riding a huge range of bikes every year. So we got Neevesy to run through the top five bikes he's ridden in 2012. 1. Ducati Streetfighter 848 This has been my long-term test bike this year and I racked up close to 10,000-miles on it in six months. I rode...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 December 2012 12:23)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

What I'd Like To See.

What I'd like to see is a list of the bikes actually owned by the MCN journalists. Which bikes would they buy, or have they bought, with their own money. That would be something readers could identify with.

Reply to this Topic
Cadwell75

Jul 10

Cadwell75 says:

The real MCN

I was lucky enough to take part in a test with MCN last year, and it changed my view regarding what MCN journos get up to. It was weeks in the planning and became a very long day for what ended up being just pages of print.

Some people seem to think MCN staff are very well paid jet setting playboys, but you would be amazed with the reality. The salary for a journo is quite frankly an insult, most of the staff can't afford brand new bikes and if you look into what they really ride with their own money it's usually old and cheap.

As for Neevsey being sports bike focussed, he's the senior journo and usually rides the latest sports bikes, maybe if the list came from all the staff it would be different.

I wouldn't swap my job with MCN staff, the very long days and nights spent hunched over a laptop trying to meet impossible deadlines for a normal salary and weekly abuse from readers? no thanks!  

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Cadwell75

Well said cadwell, you can get a right bunch of tosspots on here. Throw there toys out the pram just because there bike wasn't top. Respect

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ Gerards

"As for Diablere, why don't you get your hands on a 600ss and see if you can run quicker laps than me [on my Ducati Streetfighter 848] on a trackday. I think that's where the talking should stop."

Do they not teach students about proper experimental design/scientific method anymore?  To compare the speeds of two bikes with different riders is meaningless, and due to rider preference for handling, brakes, powerband, position, etc, it is best to use as many different riders as possible on  on both bikes, then average the lap times (while throwing out the statistical outliers for each rider).

Reply to this Topic
Gerards

Dec 12

Gerards says:

@Piglet2010

Piglet2010 not only are you being a total propeller head but you are totally missing the point of the entire thread.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices