Skip to content

General kick a man when he's down..... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > kick a man when he's down.....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

kick a man when he's down.....

http://news.sky.com/story/1028549/stunt-rider-eddie-kidd-wifes-assault-charge

i'm sure things are tough in those circumstances, but there is help out there without it getting to that stage....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 December 2012 15:28)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

5 years

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/uk/wife-of-paralysed-stunt-rider-eddie-kidd-is-accused-of-assaulting-him-1-2704260 

unless you've experienced the frustrations and difficulties of caring for a mentally handicapped adult don't be too quick to criticise, have you Paul ? have you done it ? are you currently doing it ?

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

she could've walked away...

he couldn't.  2/5 years, his condition certainly has not deteriorated in that time.  Pretty sure he has a good network of friends,family and support, so I very much doubt she was his sole carer........Just a sad story.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

It is sad Steve

I met him at West Point in Exeter 3 years ago at the annual Exeter bike show. I don't think many who have no experience of caring for handicapped adults have any idea of the lonliness some carers feel. Nina was a bag of nerves when we got together, I couldn't let her peel veg because her hands permanently shook, it took years for her stop shaking. Her son is severely mentally handicapped but certainly had enough about him to wind her up, his way of seeking attention.

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Roger

Been there,done that,buried him.

I have NO sympathy for this woman

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Paul

if you've been a carer for a mentally handicapped adult do you not perhaps understand how it affects some ? being hadicapped doesn't automatically make a person a nice person if they have some mental capacity. I'm saying it's easy to criticise while not having full knowledge of the case which none of us do.

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

I understand fully Roger

However,I still have no sympathy for her. None whatsoever

Reply to this Topic
scorps

Jan 03

scorps says:

I met Eddie Kidd before his accident, he was an utter arrogant arsehole, head injuries can make for very difficult times for the person and anyone round them. i wouldnt judge her to be honest. I can imagine he was a very difficult person to live with, hes been married several times I believe. that in itself says something, 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

But thousands of women think they are attracted to the 'bad boy' arrogant arsehole in leathers. They think that he'll shower them with attention while still exhibiting that hard edged, dangerous attitude towards outsiders. Then get upset when they realise that they have failed to tame him.

If he was still in good health she would just be another ex wife by now, but because he is weaker than her she abused him.

Edit to add, allegedly.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

With

This Governments continued attacks on the disabled, there won't be any to worryabout.

Arbeit Macht Frei.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

It should also be remembered

that the woman has been charged but as yet not found guilty of anything, prejudging ring a bell anywhere ? the great British judicial system is far from infallable, we've seen it balls up monumentally first hand.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle