You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Vibration on VFR800i

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

BDeakin

Aug 02

BDeakin says:

Vibration on VFR800i

I own a 1999 Honda VFR 800i which I bought second hand a couple of years ago. It had one previous owner from new and now only has 19,000 miles on the clock. It is in good condition for its age and goes well. However I get a vbration between 6,000 and 7,000 revs which I can feel coming very strongly through the saddle and footpegs. I can ride through it as it disappears after 7,000 revs. Can anyone assist as to the cause as I haven't been able to get an answer from anyone I have spoken to other than I should use higher octane fuel, although I don't think this is the answer?:upset: 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 December 2012 10:46)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

vibes

All bikes have vibes at some rev stage,

How long has it been like this?

is your bike standard as in airfilter/exhaust system?

Also has the valve clearances been checked around 16,000miles ?

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Honda VFR 800i 1999

Hi BDeakin why the hidden profile?

All what Jaffa90 says,also have you checked anything yourself if so what?and what octane fuel are you using now for people to suggest you use a higher one?

Anyway have you checked the tyres for uneven wear?,the chain and sprockets for wear? the wheels are balanced correctly and have no dings or buckles?when was it last properly serviced? and has there ever been any work carried out on the bike?even the throttle butterflys could be out at after 15 years so could need balancing,Do or have done the simple thing first before looking at thing you might think more sinister.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Hidden profile

It`s a biennial problem,

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/community/Forums/Categories/Topic/?&topic-id=418865

more info really.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Good find

Jaffa,looks like a wind up:upset: or time waster,no wounder hes still got the problem hey(if it really is or was a problem in the first place?) :huh:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices