Skip to content

General HELP!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > HELP!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Thomas2332

Dec 12

Thomas2332 says:

HELP!!

Guys i'll be honest with you, i know barely anything about bikes (im 16, 17 in feb), all i know is i love the look of them and need something bigger, ive recently got rid of my moped for £600 and want a 125cc for February, however ive only got £600-£850 to spend, can anyone help me? I love classic looking cruisers or sporty looking bikes, I just need someone who can help me find the right one that wont destroy me with insurance, thanks guys :) 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 December 2012 13:41)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Hi Thomas

and welcome, tough ask at £600-850 tbh, the only thing i would say is keep away from Chinese made bikes even at this price. Something like this all be it 20+ years old, would be a better bike imho.

Or maybe a CB 125 boring i know, but it's an honest and almost indestructible bike.

Good luck with your search and ride safe.

unit.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Hey Thomas

as it's xmas could you not ask for a few bits of silver to swell the coffers??

Translated, ask everyone for money.  With the best will in the world the budget needs to be a tad higher

Reply to this Topic
jonny68

Mar 09

jonny68 says:

Hi Thomas

I agree with preunit, what you have to spend is a bit tight if you want a 125 that is worth having.

I would suggest your bottom line is about £1000. I would look at the budget jap bikes such as the Honda cbf or the Yamaha ybr.

If you want something sporty with a fairing the Honda cbr125 is a nice bike. I have one myself but they do cost a tad more. A nice cbr 05 - 07 plate will cost you between £1200 - £1600 depending on condition.

I would be carefull when buying a 125 as there are a lot of bad examples as they are often abused and neglected by youngsters. If you know someone who is handy with a spanner then take them with you to check the bike over for the tale tale signs of neglect.

Avoid the temptation to buy the cheap Chinese look alikes as they seem to be poorly built with limited spares. I would spend a few hours on ebay and get an idea of what different bikes will cost on the current market.

Hope this helps.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices