Skip to content

General Bandit 600 - What are your views? - modifactions General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Bandit 600 - What are your views? - modifactions

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Bandit 600 - What are your views? - modifactions

Hey all, not posted for a while but im about for those who have read my previous posts :eyebrows:

So I was thinking my bike is looking abit plain at the moment and I wouldnt mind it looking a little better, the first thing I want to do is a jack-up kit, nothing too stupid just a little higher than what it is as it sits really low, this is also due to needing a new shocker, so heres what i also want to do

-Jack-up kit (not sure what mm yet)
- coloured brake and clutch lever (something similar to these : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281027101404?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619 )

- Coloured engine casing bolts
- Coloured fuel filler bolts

What are your views?
Many thanks and happy Christmas :winkie:

p.s these pictures are quite old, since I taken these I have fitted an oval viper exhaust which looks and sounds well :D

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 December 2012 15:23)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

coloured bolts

You did ask.......  Nah, they look completely naff..... use stainless. 

Reply to this Topic
karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Just

Want it looking different to the normal bandit:wink:

Reply to this Topic
Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

fogie's right

Coloured casing bolts aren't cool. I had a bandit once that came with them on it already, and it looked like a friggin circus horse. I had to keep my lid on all the time until I got them changed to stainless :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

My thought

is change the shock (you say it's on its way out) before fitting any jack-up kit.

As for the levers, I'd be inclined to go for ASV's or similar, rather than ebay ones. ASV levers will probably be more like £80-£90 (as opposed to those in your link at £20), but there will be a difference in quality too.

I wouldn't go for coloured bolts either (although that's my personal taste).

Reply to this Topic
Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

Better than original

The stainless bolts will look different to the standard Bandit, they're some kind of olive green powder coating or something like that. It'll be subtle and classy :wink:

Reply to this Topic
karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Thanks

For your replies guys, Your right about the levers but I dont have that kind of money haha, at the moment I do have a cheap blue adjustable brake lever on and its perfect thats why I wanted the clutch one too, as for the bolts, Can I not get stainless coloured?

Reply to this Topic
Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

karl

I'm not saying it's impossible to get coloured stainless bolts, but coloured (anodised) aluminium are far more widely available from motor factors or possibly from somewhere like Busters, and in a far greater choice of colours. If you absolutely want coloured then they will serve your purpose. Just because I think the look a bit OTT doesn't mean that you will, everyone has their own individual tastes :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Yeah

I totally understand where you are coming from, ill see what I think, oh and these grips looks nice?

Suzuki grips <<<<<<<<

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

bandit 6

my bandit 600 has k n n air filter, mini led indicators (colour coded to the bike, as its semi faired) and makes her look better..the k n N really helps as its got an MTC can on, sounds the mutts..!

Reply to this Topic
karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Yeah

Mine has the K&N too, but the bike is currently at 33BHP so will not be making a difference at all, if anything probably sucking too much air?

The indicators I have on are nice looking, a carbon effect, these ones click here

seems like my bike is ebay built haha

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices