Skip to content

General New bike ! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > New bike !

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

New bike !

Right I am getting my self a nice little Honda CG 125 in january. Any one ever had one . If so what are they like? And I will be going for a kick start only model , will that be a problem ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 December 2012 20:52)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

Any one?

Any one help?

Reply to this Topic
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

should have asked before ...

them id have gave you the benifit of my vast motorcycling expireince , bit late now aint it ????

i personally ( if i were you ) have gone for the Ducati penagal ( excuse spelling ) ...will blow the cg125 into the weeds

if ya dont belive me ..look up both bikes on wikipedia ...

Reply to this Topic
Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

cg125

My only experience of them is when I was taking lessons, and they had electric start. They're definitely great for doing U-turns :lol:

You won't go far wrong with a cg125, you've wisely decided to stay away from cheap copies. And whenever you're done with it it'll be easy to sell on as a commuter to people who don't want to commute on their big bike, or people in the same situation you're in now.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Yes,

Just make sure you maintain it properly. Kick start is easy. CG125 must be one of the most common bikes in the World. Everyone knows how to fix them and parts are easy to get. Nothing wrong with starting out with one of those.

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

CG125

Depends how tall you are . If you are more than 5ft 9in it will be too small for you .

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

LearnerRider

I'm a bit confused because you've been declaring your love of Chinese bikes, actually your post on the subject seemed to suggest you've already bought it? You've been asking how many owners is too much, indicating you were going to buy a Yamaha 125 and now a CG125?

Buying a 125 may seem like a big purchase but it's not like you're buying a house. Try out as many as possible and go for the one YOU think suits you the best for your budget. If it were me I'd avoid the Chinese bikes because although I have no personal experience with them there is plenty of my peers who have and have said they have a long way to go before they catch up with Japanese build quality.

A kick start only model is a bit of an ancient thing for a modern bike to have and to live with daily but providing it fires up first time you'll be getting plenty of calf muscle exercise! If a bike struggles to start it doesn't matter if it's a kick start or electric but it's much easier to charge a battery and press an electric ignition.:dopeyhmmmm:

If buying new see if the dealer will through in any gear for free. If buying second hand then make sure you give it a good test ride first and get as much history as possible.

Reply to this Topic
jonny68

Mar 09

jonny68 says:

LearnerRider

You seem to be going around in circles with this 125 business. :blink:

I have a gut feeling you need to do a bit more homework before commiting to a purchase.   

Reply to this Topic
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

cg125

i have owned several in my years of starting life as a motorcycle mechanic. If you read the wiki you will soon see they are one of the best selling bikes and have bullet proof engines. to start off on they are a great bike. as with all buys. get some one who knows about bikes to go with you and check it over. i am sure at some point you will buy another bike. even if you do not the cg will last a life time.

vinnychoff

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices