You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Best track tyres for wet and dry

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

chrisito

Mar 05

chrisito says:

Best track tyres for wet and dry

Hi, I have a Yamaha R1 and will be taking her to the track next year, she will be a Track day only bike (no road), I'm planing to do lots of track days trough 2013. So, do any one have any advise of which set of tyres are the best for track days: very good in the dry, safe in the wet and ok in degradation.

Many Thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 December 2012 10:48)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DBrooker

Aug 12

DBrooker says:

Best tyres

Hello chrisito, if your doing alot of track days I was suggest your buy tyres mainly for dry and tyres mainly for wet. That way you get the best you can out of your bike. I've got the bridgestone S20 battlax and they are very good but haven't been on track yet but planning on doing alot. My local track is brands hatch so if your going there let me know would be good to meet others there. Pirelli Diablo corsa's are meant to be very good they are being used quite alot.

Reply to this Topic
chrisito

Mar 05

chrisito says:

Best Tyres

Hi DBrooker, Thanks for the suggestion, you are right I should get set for dry and set for wet. I've  heard alot of people use Bridgetones Battlax for track as well as Pirelli Diablo Corsa. Brands Hatch Its in my list of tracks I must visit in 2013, so I'll let you know for sure when, yeah it will be cool meet up there. My local track is Snetterton as I live in Norwich.

Thanks m8

Reply to this Topic
DBrooker

Aug 12

DBrooker says:

Best tyres

Or even better get yourself some slicks mate. Setter ton is a good track been there couple of times not on my bike tho. 

Reply to this Topic
chrisito

Mar 05

chrisito says:

Best tyres

Yeah that's an option, looking forward going to Snetterton on 3rd Feb. for a track day

Reply to this Topic
DBrooker

Aug 12

DBrooker says:

Snetterton

Tell a lie I've got Bridgestone 016's not s20's. bet you are mate that's a fast track I would be a bit paranoid about getting heat in the tyres and brakes aha! 

Reply to this Topic
chrisito

Mar 05

chrisito says:

Best Tyres

That's cool. I'll take it easy as its my first time and it will be bleeping cold too in Feb :ph43r:.

Reply to this Topic
DBrooker

Aug 12

DBrooker says:

Snetterton

Yeah definitely take it easy mate. I bought some pro skins thermals for when it got colder and they are really good and quite resonance price compared to other makes. Also tyre warmers might be a good thing to invest in. Surprised I didn't think of that before for myself:blink::blink:

Reply to this Topic
chrisito

Mar 05

chrisito says:

Best Tyres

Cool Thanks, I hope you had a merry Christmas and happy new year.

Reply to this Topic
DBrooker

Aug 12

DBrooker says:

Snetterton-chrisito

How did your track day go 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN