Skip to content

General Question about a Sportster Iron 883 restricted motorcycle? Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Question about a Sportster Iron 883 restricted motorcycle?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Coolaidguy

Dec 12

Coolaidguy says:

Question about a Sportster Iron 883 restricted motorcycle?

Hey guys,

I have asked a question on here before about purchasing a Harley Davidson Vrod Nightrod that is limited to 33BHP but I was advised against it because the weight of the bike would make it useless if it was restricted to 33, So thinking of my options on what I can do would a Sportster Iron 883 be more worth my while if I was to have it limited to 33BHP? If not what kind of bike would you advise me purchase. Would the Sportster be a better choice?

The reason I ask is because I am just taking my test and wondering what bike I can buy for my money as I am only 19.

P.s I am not looking for it to break any speed records if you know what I mean I just want it to get me from A to B.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 December 2012 19:42)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

The weight of all Harleys

and restricted, quite honestly won't pull the skin off a rice pudding!!

V twin maybe SV650.??

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

If ya set on a Harley

then the 883 is the best restricted  Harley choice, lightish ?, Low revving V twin will still pull, and it's not like you're gonna rag the tits offa it, now is't.

Chill and enjoy

Reply to this Topic
Coolaidguy

Dec 12

Coolaidguy says:

So a V-Twin or the Harley?

So what are you saying either one or just the V-twin?

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Restricted Sportster.

With standard pipes you will be able to do 90mph, but the acceleration will not be over exciting, plus you won't be able to see where you're going, or use the mirrors.

If you want to cruise at 70 it will be fine. It is restricted by one single washer so acceleration is really all you're sacrificing. Top speed is not really affected.

This is what you can expect from the Harleys that didn't get their emmisions messed about with, so look for something from  pre 2000.

I have no idea what you could expect from a newer model as I've not tried one. Also, if you stick to the pre-emission controlled ones you can do all sorts of fun stuff with the engine once it's de-restricted. That's where the real fun begins. Enjoy.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

because....

the bike will be a bit(lot) vibey.

electric coolaid acid test.

just see what uncle fester says. and whispanic.:smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance