Ask an Expert Gerbings Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Gerbings

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Dec 12

1353003 says:

Gerbings

I thought I would share my experience with Gerbing UK and USA. 

I bought a pair of Gerbing Hybrid Heated gloves a year ago with the battery packs and charger also. Overall this came out to over £200 of kit. The idea is rather than connecting to the bikes battery you can just recharge the batteries every couple of rides. The gloves are great and although expensive they are miles better then heated grips. 

However, despite one year of light use the charger packed in. I contacted Gerbing and spoke to Ian Wilson (Director) who stated that they would not honour the warranty on certain products from the likes of ebay where they could not show that the product was bought in UK (first thing to be careful about). 

I explained the problem and the fact that the charged was not working, I bought these from 'two wheels' so he said it was fine and to send them back. I paid to have them sent back only to receive a highlighted pamphlet and gloves back stating that the charger was only covered for 90 days.

I emailed Ian back asking why if this was the case he told me to send it back at my own cost and he never replied. People should be aware that this is the customer service you can expect when spending a lot on an electrical product from Gerbing.

However, interestingly enough I posted this complaint on Gerbing's Facebook page which is for the US HQ and although they tried to distance themselves from the UK operation they agreed to send not just a new charger but two new batteries also. (you can only buy them together at a cost of £80). I wait to see these arrive but hoping they are good to their word it leaves the buyer in a bit of a quandary.

My advice - think hard before purchasing items from Gerbing in the UK as their customer service is terrible, however, if you live in the USA the opposite is quite true and they are brilliant!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 December 2012 08:54)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Gerbing

Never dealt with them,i recently bought an electric kettle from ARGOS in the sale,upon paying the lady said would you like an extended warranty for 3 years at a price? I replied i`m covered under THE SALE OF GOODS ACT for these years,all went quiet.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange

Reply to this Topic

Dec 12

1353003 says:

Gerbing

thanks for the link - very interesting!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN