Skip to content

General The dangers of using your mobile phone whilst driving Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > The dangers of using your mobile phone whilst driving

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mobileenoph

Jun 07

mobileenoph says:

The dangers of using your mobile phone whilst driving

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 December 2012 13:00)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

Texting

It's one of my pet hates, seeing drivers on a mobile. This video clip should be shown on prime time tv, it certainly brings the message home.

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I wish that could be

a tv campaign, it really riles me when I see it every day without fail

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

not exclusively.......

but it does seem to be an age thing.....Young girl I worked with used to do it, I used to take her phone of her if she was driving the works van.........she just coldn't see what was wrong with it !! :huh:

Reply to this Topic
mobileenoph

Jun 07

mobileenoph says:

boils my piss too...

I used to work with a guy in his mid 40s and he used to drive the truck and use his phone knowing it was against company policy, when I pulled him up on it he replied "f*ck company policy, I'm a professional driver"..... so it's not only youngsters that do it, anyway the company laid him off seeing as he was an agency driver and no I did'nt report him he was seen  driving by a company supervisor as well

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

and it seems

that the £60 and points are non effective as it is a prolific problem....

maye the powers that be need to start banning drivers who use a hand held device.. or anything else that could be driving without due care etc etc.. ie, doing make up, reading books/ maps... writing reports... all of which i have seen on public roads..

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Err.......

......looking at or reading the sat nav could be the same as reading a map, problem is today we have so much entertainment in car, with CD's, Sat Nav's, video screens, mobiles ect ect...that driving has become secondary to everything else that's going on.
This is why we get so many smidsy's, because they were not looking where they were going, instead of concentrating on driving and what around them they prefer to look at the latest in car tech and where they mates are on bookface. Also with one eye out for cash machines probably makes actual driving a fifth element.:upset:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Commuting

as I do with a hivi on and my cheapass white hat, you'd be amazed how many people put down phones or put on seatbelts as I filter through traffic. They don't understand it's dangerous even when in slow moving traffic. We need cops filtering with a camera getting faces, evidence and plates of people doing this and handing out fines that people can't ignore. Speeding shouldn't be a priority any more - this should be.

EDIT: Also, cars should be mandated to be involving and fun to drive. That way people might just focus more on the driving rather than singing along to Will Young. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

Homer..

i agree twatnavs too are a distraction.. ppl seem to try and programme them as they drive.. set them BEFORE you set off!! 

i believe that there is also research (how credible it is i dont know) that shows the act of holding a conversation even on a hands free detracts from your driving enough to put you into a dangerous area of concentration (or lack of) I dont think a lot of drivers appreciate how much brain power it really takes to drive....

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

look

i can do anything in my car

i can  text ,phone, wank ,read a book or newspaper ,look at youtube or redtube on my laptop/smartphone and watch a movie on my dvd also re program my satnav , shave ..my misses can put her makeup on shave her legs and her twat

because im so fukin good and that shit only happens to stupid people not to me or my own .......aint that how pple think today

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices