Skip to content

General How many owners is to many? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > How many owners is to many?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

How many owners is to many?

Right I have seen a nice Yamaha sv 125 for £750 with 15000 miles on the clock, in above adverage condition. It's a 1993 k reg but has had 10 owners, is this to many for the age of the bike? 

My dad thinks 10 is too many, but he knows nothing about bikes!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 December 2012 14:10)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Owners

I had an Aprilia RS125. It was 12 years old, had done 12,000 miles and I was the 17th registered owner :shock:

I never rode the bike and ended up selling it (with NO warranty implied). It looked like the engine had never been apart. It rode impeccably...

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Would

You take on a woman that'd had so many users/owners?

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

stevebaldy

were you buying a tree??

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

I'm

not that picky :lol:

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

Norris

I like that !

Funny :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
jamie95

Nov 12

jamie95 says:

I’ve just bought a d reg 125, 23 years old  i believe, 9 owners, was advertised  as only having  27000 miles on the clock, did a hpi check and it has been around twice , bike ran really well, until oil started leaking, then found out the engine was knackered,  and the big bore kit on it was destroying what was left, after a new engine, its mint! Apart from the odd problems, just make sure you can still get the parts for the bike and  you wil be fine J

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Bike's usage

Take a look at things like the grips, footpegs and so on - does it look like a lot of wear there, commensurate with the claimed mileage?

On Norris' point, I have to admit to thinking the same upon seeing this thread's title.  Just for a fleeting moment, of course.

Wouldn't have crossed my mind to mention that I like to ride mine away brand new - maybe touched by a few people in the showroom, but not actually ridden.    And tbh, I'd shy away from one abandoned on the side of the road with 1/4 million miles on the clock.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Norris

Hell yeah, more experience means she might be good for a cheap thrill and good enough for a get-me-by which for most is what 125s are anyway! :tongue:

...plus you know what they say about stated "former owners"? Divide by three for men but double for women!:winkie:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices