You are in... Forums > General > General > I love Chinese bikes

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

I love Chinese bikes

After looking for my next bike (a125 cc) I stumbeled across various nackered old yams and Hondas, but in the end after all they where 20 years old and asking cose to £800. So after a year of owning a Chinese 50cc that I love to bits, I have decided to go for another Chinese bike the lexmoto arrrow, after all it comes with a 2 year warrenty from a dealer I know and trust and let's face it for under a grand for a brand spanking new machine, why buy used? I know a lot you you guys on hear will hate the things, but I have to say Chinese bike have won a place in my heart!

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 December 2012 10:18)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

M8

Good luck !,,,

Their fookin shiote:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
mossi

Dec 12

mossi says:

Chinese bike owner

Have had my lexmoto arizona since october,

done over 2500km, only problem so far has been faulty kick stand kill switch( had to be disconnected). Arizonas are meant to be better made for the higher price tag, was looking at arrow and vixen at first. Good luck whatever you choose, and take care of your chrome :smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

mossi

Have you owned it from new? If so did the waranty not cover it?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jonny68

Mar 09

jonny68 says:

Chinese style

To be honest the price tag speaks volumes. Like anything you buy, some things are built to last others are designed to be thrown away at the first signs of failure.

Its your choice at the end of the day, but your the one sat on the thing doing 60 mph with an HGV up your backside and for my money I would rather be sat on something that has been built well, even if it is second hand.

A really good secondhand Honda CBF 125 can be bought for £1300 - £1400, it maybe a bit more money but personally I would rather save up the extra few hundred.

Everyone is different though, so best of luck with the new bike.

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Chinese Bikes

It is not a crime to like Chinese Machines , you are still a valued Member of the increasingly persecuted Powered Two Wheeler Community . The machines are ok if looked after , like any machine . The Motard designs are sought after secondhand , as my Son found out when he sold his Superbyke RMR 125 and upgraded to a Honda Hornet . Several Forum Members have gone for the Zontes models and the Importers of Superbyke , Sinnis , AJS , Lexmoto and Pulse are reputable .

Enjoy your purchase .

Reply to this Topic
jamie95

Nov 12

jamie95 says:

Honestly i think your rushing into it because uve got the money to buy a bike and u want what you can get for the money you already have, for instance you could get this for £600 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-SR125-125cc-Learner-Legal-/300839626557?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item460b70673d

What I’m sure would be more reliable and allot faster, and you wouldn’t need to rebuild it every week, although it might not be there type of bike you’re looking for, but just seriously think about what you buy, everyone else on here I’m sure has made mistakes and are just warning you :D  trust me breaking down in the rain isn’t fun..

Reply to this Topic
jamie95

Nov 12

norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Aren't

The new Jap named 125's now built in India? I don't think the quality is as good on newer small bikes regardless of manufacturer.
Oh,  a sensible post. Not had anything to drink (yet) before posting.

Reply to this Topic
jonny68

Mar 09

jonny68 says:

norris

Even though many Jap bikes are now made in India and even Triumphs made in Thailand they are still built to a high standard with strict quality control and management. The workforce is not left to their own devices. Company management will dictate the quality of the product that is produced.

If the company management decide to make cheap bikes using cheap materials then that is what will be produced. Likewise if a high end product is required then again thats what will leave the factory floor.

Jap manufactuers have a reputation to keep and they wont risk it. Look what happened to Toyota when they used inferior brake components recently to cut cost. Product recalls are a companies biggest nightmare not only to reputation but also to revenues.  

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Johhny68

I beg to differ. Anyone remember the Yam RD350 built in Brazil? Fact is, you're still getting Chines/Indian et al foundries/castings locally sourced components etc.
Look at your brand named clothes made abroad, the qualities pants.
BMW have had quality problems effecting reliability with many of their components sourced from India/China.
Cost is king (for the shareholders) but we're getting poorer quality goods. (and loss of jobs).

Indai has a 150% import tax hence Triumph building there to get round it, China only imports what it needs or wants to copy to then flood our markets with poor quality tat.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle