Skip to content

Ask an Expert Do you have one go-to site... Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Do you have one go-to site...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

BikerToBe

Dec 12

BikerToBe says:

Do you have one go-to site...

...for your kit? I'm talking lids to boots. Leathers to textile touring gear. I'm looking at Ghostbikes or something but that was a big ad in a mag, I'm looking for that little gem that you have tucked away ... 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 December 2012 11:53)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Valko

May 12

Valko says:

find your local stores

most of the kit you need to check the proper fit and overall comfort before buy, for me online shopping is not working, I found nice small store near me and they have a online site too, the point is sometimes you can find really nice kit in small local stores, this one keeps Furygan range:

Bykebitz Yateley

Reply to this Topic
BikerToBe

Dec 12

BikerToBe says:

Sizing

Yeh I understand about sizing issues with boots and all that, was going to go to an outlet for sizing and then go check that product online. Horrible business ethic towards hardworking retailers and independent outlets I know, but £££ is tight enough :'(

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

On-line.

Thing is, what happens when you've driven street retailers out of business by using them only to assess product quality and fit, then bought cheaper on-line? You'll be buying based only upon the web description and hoping the retailer will accept returns, possibly at your expense, until you find the product that suits you. Not good.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

i accept the above view

But i use a company called RPM or LMSPARES which is a web based company but have opened a store near to me. so without the web my nearest seller of motorcycle gear is 50 miles away! so it does work both ways!

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Street Dealers vs Online

Didn't realise you could buy gear online? WTF! I've been risking my neck buying off dodgy geezers with pitbulls when I could do it from the comfort of my armchair...?

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Although seriously

If you must shop online it's probably best to use one that has high street stores too. Hein Gericke probably have the most stores but I use GetGeared and never had much problems with them and received great customer service when I did. They only have two stores and the nearest one to me is an hours ride away but that gives me a good reason for a rideout.

Having said that most of the stuff I get is bought through them online simply cus' I'm mostly too busy to find time when I need something.

Reply to this Topic
Charllotte10

Jan 13

Charllotte10 says:

Smart Riders

I always use Chris at Smartriders, wether I go on a drive and go in there, its in Dorset or buy online. They've ALWAYS got the best deals. He's just offered me a Rukka Pablo Jacket at £369.99 instead of £549.99. Im very tempted.

But defo use these guys, they always help me.

www.smartriders.co.uk

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices