Skip to content

General M.O.T. FALLICY. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > M.O.T. FALLICY.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

M.O.T. FALLICY.

The mind boggles,a few months ago i noticed a car parked outside a shopping area with a bold front tyre on one side only,surprisingly i notice the driver returning to this car where upon i told the said driver about the tyre,the reply was "it`s due for a m.o.t next week". Also my better half noticed a taxi with one side light and one brake light,she commented "that car won`t have a m.o.t.".

The moral of the story is,the rider/driver is responsible for the vehicles condition whatever age.

Also that cars tracking should have been checked at the last service! What service the driver may have replied.:wacko: 

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 December 2012 00:48)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Some people have no idea

what to check or how to do it. Years ago I worked in a garage and couldn't believe how many people got angry when they had a puncture "because you only serviced it last week". We used to have to explain that you can't predict punctures but it was clear that some thought we were just making excuses.

We used to run ladies evenings where women could learn how to check the basics and learn how to use the airline properly. Turned out to be a very popular WI event and we always had a waiting list.

Most younger people don't ever do any maintenance. They don't know how and cars are so much more reliable they never need to learn.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

mobileenoph

My dad who should know better gave me that exact same response when I said his tyre was just on the limit. I quickly informed him that it would mean that the tyre was more likely to lock up in the wet, more likely to trigger ABS and trigger it for longer than normal, thus increasing stopping distances...

How the hell do people not get that simple premise?

It's a symptom of a society who think they live in bubble wrap. What I don't get is that when I did my car test some 5 years ago I was taught how to stop in an emergency using an ABS equipped vehicle. Nothing about what to do in a non ABS car and nothing about how to control it if you lose grip. Now I'm almost certain that if I were to get a car, insurance would mean I'd have to get something shit. It's also very likely that in those early inexperienced years where I'd be most likely to need ABS, I'd not have a car equipped with it.

Lack of education and training. We should also not be teaching young drivers how to pootle. We should be teaching them how to drive like everyone else and ideally how to drive properly down country lanes. Why do Finns win races? Because they spend a year learning how to drive and get taught properly when they're young. I.e. they treat it as the potentially dangerous, serious business that it is.

EDIT:

Beelady - they actually complained that they got a puncture just after a service? I once complained that my throttle stuck open when I turned right just after a service and caused me to crash.... think that was justified but are people really that thick? Or were you thinning the tyres with a power sander and covering them with superglue to pick up all the crap on the road? It's that isn't it!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices