Skip to content

Ask an Expert Riding other bikes? Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Riding other bikes?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Mikeyc22

Sep 12

Mikeyc22 says:

Riding other bikes?

Just been looking at som quotes for a yamaha fz6 2004, the cheapest policy includes 'riding other bikes'. Does this mean that i can ride any other bike that has its own valid insurance + MOT?

Im 18 with restricted full licence so it would need to be less than 33bhp of course but lets say my dad bought an r6 i could ride it with 'riding other bikes' cover ? On my own policy for ifferent bike?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 December 2012 01:15)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Call them

I'd call them (the insurance co.) for a full clarification, mate.   Nothing puts a smile on a uniformed thug's face as much as "confusion" which leads to a charge of riding uninsured.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

other bikes

As SlowLearner says,up to a few years ago and may be now,other bikes have to be insured like you say but third party cover only when you ride them, (even if their fully comp) also to have your restriction.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyc22

Sep 12

Mikeyc22 says:

So

Its a good thing for a one off but not good to make it a permenant bike as if its stolen when im using it, i wont recieve any money, but its free way of riding it legaly compared to being a named rider... Im getting quoted £9500 third party fire + theft on r6 (2002) but only £606 for fz6 so ill just ride the fz6 (2004/2005) lol.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices