Skip to content

General How many miles this year then? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > How many miles this year then?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

How many miles this year then?

Didn't do many myself - total of about 5,600 miles,  split between the old gsx650f, the new fjr1300 & the gsxr600.   Put a measly 200-odd on the old Powervalve.

Got one speeding fine, but at least didn't drop a bike this year, so can't complain.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 December 2012 17:25)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Difficult to tell.......................

It's difficult to be accurate.  Over the year I've commuted on 7 different bikes, and used another 4 for VMCC runs and pleasure, plus three sidecar outfits for trips out with the kids, Isle of Man week etc.

Going by the commute being anything from 150 to 200 miles per day (depending where I need to go during the day), plus weekend running round, evenings out, holidays, club runs etc. my guess is around 50 K.

Oh, nearly forgot - a few hundred really wet and muddy ones on Green lanes too.

No speeding fines, no crashes.  Ride safe all,

Shad.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Started the year reasonably well -

Got about 100 miles in today anyway on the fjr,  and took the misses for the first spin in a while too.  She loves the new bike.

Despite it being a bit damp out,  still got the chance to scrape the boot on a couple of corners.    Bit of a concern actually, that... I often keep the left foot on the peg but under the gear-change.  Scraping that is a bit nasty because it hasn't got anywhere to go.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

miles

i managed 35miles today on my new toy ,would have been more but the hangover didn't clear until 2ish.

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

ummmm

about 1500 on the beeast n 200 on the nobbled up c90 pub bike

ttfn:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
robbie7334

Oct 09

robbie7334 says:

2012 miles

bout 3000 on the s/triple incuding spain trip, strip has now bin sold.2800 on the dorsoduro an about 6000 on the pig an apart from spain trip  most of these were wet miles.:upset:wot a shit bikin yer:upset:.Never mind all the best for 2013 its bound to be better:smile (aint it?:unsure:) regards Robbie

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

miles

bout 3-4k on bandit, 2013 is the year the zzr will resurrect from my workshop!  

Reply to this Topic
LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

Not many

1700 on my little scooter

Reply to this Topic
Perki6

Aug 10

Perki6 says:

mileage

about 1200 maybe tiny bit more so not enough, nice bike albert88 i wanted a husky/ktm for winter to play in the snow :smile

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

perki6

cheers pal , its a husaberg 400 got it on saturday,gonna use it for the commute and dicking about at weekends. left hand kicker took a bit to get used to tho.:smile

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Mileage??

Similar to Black Shadow I've ridden a few different bikes this year so it's not easy to guesstimate. My daily commute has only been around 5 miles each way so that cuts the mileage down substantially. I have managed to get some track days and european tours in this year but still expect my total mileage is less than 7,000 miles.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices