You are in... Forums > General > General > i came off

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

i came off

well im back, bandit is fked on one side..black ice in Binbrook, a mile away from home, front and back went, nowt i could do..bit shaken but i eased off before so was doing about 20mph..bummer

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 January 2013 10:30)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

make that your only off then this year eh?

glad the pride injury worse than the actual. I dropped the blackbird at walking speed turning outside my brothers last year. In front of a 4x4! Last time I felt that stupid was having asked a girl to dance at a school disco. Thank feck for tinted visors!

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Ba start to the new year................

Morning Beacon.  Sorry to hear about the bad start to your year!

Sounds like you got away without serious injury, which is the important thing.  The bike can be fixed (hopefully at minimal cost if you aren't too fussy about the cosmetics.

I feel for you, I hit a patch of Black ice at about 85 mph a couple of weeks ago and only just managed to hold on to it until we got to grippy road again.  I was lucky, but it's not something I'd like to go through too often.

Ride safe,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

shad

with the mileage you do, what is the

a) best bike
 b) best tyre
 c) best gear?
Just interested to know what big milers consider the best combination of the above.

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

bugger it

yeah my shoulder joint is a bit achy but its getting better, i had a serious head injury whilst in the army so nothing is like that pain!  no helicopters involved this time!:winkie: I'm gonna take the fairing off as its too badly damaged on one side, may glue it/bond it.  gonna have a look at where the indicators go on street fightered bandits..but fk it, both bikes staying in workshop, just had a hell of a job getting bandit up a slight incline on lawn.  thats my winter riding over and done with..my son is only 9 months old so gonna spend the rest of the week being a dad..:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Thread Hijack..............

Hi Mostly Slowly, I suspect you posted a reply to the wrong thread, but happy to answer anyway.

Best Bike - I tend to use big trailies for most of my commuting.  My best ride is a BMW R1200GS, but that's not very reliable, so I get more use out of my R1100GS, Yamaha Super Tenere (the old 750), KTM 640, KTM 950 Adventure etc.  When the weather is better I often use a smaller bike, such as my BMW F650CS.

Best tyres  -  Whatever I can find part worn either through the owners websites or at my local independant bike shop.  It is more trouble changing tyres every couple of weeks, but the saving over a year is more than worth it.  Metzeller Tourance tend to be my tyre of choice for the big trailies.

Best Gear  -  Again, much depends on what comes up second hand on owners and enthusiasts web forums.  I sometimes buy new, but would rather pay half price for something which has been bought by a less intense rider, and has gone out of fashion with a thousand miles or two use, which I can then wear out over 20 or 30 thousand miles.

Hope this helps, sorry I don't really have any pearls of wisdom to impart.

Shhad.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Beaconsman

not the best start to the year glad your ok.

It's lovely here today, but after going in the fields first thing it's as icy as hell out there.

One of the reasons I don't bother to go out in the winter, black ice scares the hell out of me !!!

Hope the damage is not too bad as well as after you are the main priority it is not nice to look at the injured bike :upset:

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Good

to hear you are OK, the bike is as has been said repairable.

Enjoy being a Dad, sometimes the rewards are better than being a motorcyclist.

Happy New Year and stay paint side up.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Glad you're not badly hurt.

Must be an awful shock, even at slow speed. Lovely here today but still icy on the shady parts of the road.

Look after yourself for a few days. The bike will still be there when you feel like fixing it.

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

damage

1 st two pics, fairing lhs, lhs engine casing  and 3rd pic, shows Lincs CC at fault as drain is overflowing and its a river.

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Oh dear...

Bikes can be fixed,glad your ok....:smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale