You are in... Forums > General > General > i came off

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

i came off

well im back, bandit is fked on one side..black ice in Binbrook, a mile away from home, front and back went, nowt i could do..bit shaken but i eased off before so was doing about 20mph..bummer

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 January 2013 10:30)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

bandit..flashing..

thanks all, I am fine now, no bruising, just a little sore around shoulder area, just glad I had all the winter gear on with armour still in.  i have glued lhs fairing  together but now think ill put twin headlamps and make her nkd..wot u all reckon,, she has k n n, mtc can mini led indicators (one battered!) already..besides have the kwakk zzr for long distance..

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

Beak

Soz to here ya had a gutzer

Glad you ain't Hirt !
Been their myself I dropped a fzr 600 at a t junction
In front ov a crowd I loved that bike 
Hope u get it sorted my mate Jon has a 1200 bandit with full system fitted its loud n awesome it's a naked 
Doooooooo it !,:roll eyes::ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

injuries

been to docs, luckliy enough 3 doors away is a theatre sister so she checked me over (biker as well) said to pop to gp as a precaution, no major damage just rotary cuff?..i think she said in shoulder.  culd b 6 weeks before full movement though..so feck it, bikes staying in workshop until spring, thinking of selling bandit now and just have the zzr..

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Sorry mate...

Bit of bad luck that, as you say, it could have been a lot worse.   From your pic, it doesn't even look icy - very hard to avoid black ice like that.

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

sorry to

here you had an off ice has been a bloody nightmare this last month hope you recover quickly as for the bandit id be tempted if i were you to stick twin headlights on it and just use it as a naked then if in a few months you still want to get rid you can atleast you wernt on the zzr you have alot more plastic to replace

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

damage

the ice was just after where the water crossed my side, i was heading through the the village so i was travelling on the near side lane, the drain was on the near side and flowed out of the drain along the kerb, then it crossed over.  where the water was flowing accross the road, it was ok, it was immediately after where cars had gone through in the night and bfore me maybe, that it was sheet ice.  I went back to have a look and it was solid ice about 1 to 2 feet away from where the water was running accross the road.  doc says I'll be ok, so im quite happy that I wasnt seriously hurt..bikes can be fixed..now thinking to go back to a land rover in winter...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Maybe....

You should take legal advice? If the council were aware of the problem I believe that would make them liable for any accidents due to the fact they haven't treated/fixed/made safe the area!

Not sure but you have pictures so maybe contact ACIC on here.........

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices