Skip to content

Where to Ride stelvio pass italy Meets, routes and tours (Europe)

You are in... Forums > Where to Ride > Meets, routes and tours (Europe) > stelvio pass italy

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

fazerboy1969

Dec 12

fazerboy1969 says:

stelvio pass italy

does this route only open from 1st june??? or is this a myth

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 January 2013 21:14)

Post a message in Meets, routes and tours (Europe)

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RoadTrekker

Sep 11

RoadTrekker says:

Stelvio

It can vary depending on how bad the winter weather has been, especially the snow clearing. Best thing is to check the web site or the italian motoring organisation web site which will show when the pass is open.

You will enjoy it thats for sure.

Reply to this Topic
fazerboy1969

Dec 12

fazerboy1969 says:

cheers

:upset:

oh bugger shit..i was really looking forward to getting down to stelvio...probably last day we can do it is the 24th may..so fingers crossed its clear..

cheers

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

little tips

I was go last year on tour Alpe-Adria which mean, that we was get a tour trough all major pass of EU Alps roads Stelvio will be for surely open after 10'th of may, of course you need warm jacket and pants because, road will be clean and probably dry but surround again can be under the snow and on the pick always wind blows you have two ways to go on Stelvio, one is much narrowing road and whit  extremely sharp pins that one is from Italy side, other one, much wider and safest is from Swiss(that one is much more days stay open then that one from Italy side) but end point is it on same place
First photo view on the road from Italy side
Second Photo view on the road which lead to Switzerland
Third photo view on Stelvio pike 3000 m
P.S
Look at weather forecast, and if you see that will be poor weather you can chose to go on pass by Swiss side, only in case of snowing if you don't have "winter" tires
:ph43r:  My advice is not to go on the pass..
And of course have nice trip and enjoy, Alps and endless
mountain roads are a great pleasure to drive especially because of the excellent quality of asphalt:sunglasses:..every  biker need to see and drive described roads

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

weather

thanks for the info. i am looking to go but will try and combine motogp in June. hopefully the weather should be good around this time.

vinnychoff

Reply to this Topic
Ronnie1406

Aug 02

Ronnie1406 says:

Stelvio Pass

Hi, 

I am looking to do the Stelvio pass next year with the wife on a Pan 1300, can you recommend any good hotels there or any advice like the month to do it in, thanks. 

Anyone else feel like joining us feel free to drop me a message and I will send an email address.

Thanks, 

Colin.

Reply to this Topic
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

stelvio

I have to say that it was one of the seven wonders of the world. the road is amazing but everywhere is a view. The mountain seems to have great views from where ever you are. You will not be disappointed. where ever we pulled in we was treated fine as bikers. the italians seem ok with us

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices