You are in... Forums > General > General > Speedway In MCN

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jordanm12

Jan 13

jordanm12 says:

Speedway In MCN

Are there any features or videos that you would love to see MCN publish on Speedway? The John McGuiness feature in April last year was fantastic. But who else would get into the saddle of a 70mph one gear bike with no brakes?? Do you think MCN do enough to promote Speedway as a reputable motorsport. It would be good to get others views.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 January 2013 16:35)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Speedway

used to go and see Reading Racers at their Smallmead stadium as a lad, a great night out, sight and sound over load :sunglasses:

Tis all gone now :upset: so in answer to your question "Do you think MCN do enough to promote Speedway as a reputable motorsport" No they don't, but niether does SGB (prolly a lack of funds:unsure:) imho, shame really, cause it's an awesome family freindly night out.

So if you've never been to watch Speedway before, then make it a new years resolution, cause you're in for a treat :smile

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I used to be there

at Oxford rebels, then became the cheetahs.

John Dews and Gordon Kennet!!! Still got my rebels cap 1976

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Jordan

I personally don't think MCN cover enough of many motorcycle sports,certainly not in the way they once did years ago. There's far too much emphasis on large photos taking up space and not enough technical or sports journalism.  If you ever get chance of a 1970s copy of MCN,you'll see what I mean.  There was actually a lot of content to read then. :smile

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I stopped buying it on a regular basis

over 12 years ago.

They did do one excellent story as in funny about a Honda C90.

I don't bother anymore, rather read readers digest:smile

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

used to go back in the day...

...Peterborough Panthers and Kings Lynn,Michael Lee era, naughty boy and wasted talent....as said, a good days entertainment.....:smile.......Used to like a bit of banger racing too...

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Didn't Michael Lee

die last year ?? I'll have to google it later

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

don't think so

BB........last i knew he was helping out at Mildenhall...:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Speedway

Ellesmere Port Gunners were based about 200 yards from my house in the 70's and 80's and I used to go there weekly. They folded just before I was old enough to try out for the team (pooh!)

Reply to this Topic
Meatbingo

Jun 12

Meatbingo says:

Speedway

My mum was catering manager at Eastville stadium in Bristol when Speedway was staged there 77/78. Phil Crump was the team star. Great spectacle. It used to be on World of sport (Dickie Davis) too in those days. Seems to have been swallowed up by the Sky sports machine these days.

Reply to this Topic
jordanm12

Jan 13

jordanm12 says:

Speedway

I does seem like a great night out. And I've found so many poeple have a link to it in the old days. Maybe with the Speedway GP they can bring it back to its former glory. I'd like to see a race against something like a rally car or a drag race against something big!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle