Skip to content

Discuss This You Ask/You Answer: What armour do I need? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You Ask/You Answer: What armour do I need?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

You Ask/You Answer: What armour do I need?

"I've been riding for 8 years, and all my kit has some form (or in some case, foam) of armour in the arms, legs, shoulders, back areas. I find some of it uncomfortable, and am surprised that the one bit I'd really like – proper back protection – is just a bit of foam I wouldn't use as a kneeling...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 January 2013 12:31)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Borisrevs

Jan 13

Borisrevs says:

It's not for falling off

I wear a Furygan Sidney textile jacket while riding around town - shoulder back and elbow protection - with some armoured gloves - Dainese with carbon and steel knuckles. It's not really in case I fall off - more for if someone tries to jump me at the lights or, as happened a few weeks ago, I catch someone fiddling with my engine when parked up in central london.... In the summer I've got a skeleton armour vest - I'm not a massive guy, but it helps to make yourself look like your protected as two of my mates have had their bikes jacked at lights over the last couple of years - the successful one was in the London riots - although the other one did manage to fight the guy off....

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Borisrevs

Just get out of London like @55% of Londoners have, (since the 50's) it's a cesspit of crime...... In My Opinion... if that's OK?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Bike-Jacking?

Just shoot the guy after he has to put his weapon away to ride off, then claim self-defense.  Or garrott him if you live in a place where concealed carry is not legal.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices