Skip to content

BMW BMW S1000RR vs BMW S1000RR HP4 S1000RR

You are in... Forums > BMW > S1000RR > BMW S1000RR vs BMW S1000RR HP4

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

BMW S1000RR vs BMW S1000RR HP4

A few months ago I was lucky enough to ride the new BMW HP4 at its world launch at Jerez, southern Spain. With perfect track conditions and slick tyres to play on, it was a dream. More impressive still was the HP4. BMW has taken its already class-leading S1000RR and made it even better: 9kg lighter, more agile, smoother and even...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 January 2013 13:52)

Post a message in S1000RR

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mr. Luck

Jan 08

Mr. Luck says:

Can't wait for it to filter down.....

Suspension is an enigma to me i fiddle but never really know where to go with it or when to stop, clearly I need an HP4....

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

Agreed, will be great when its installed on a bike that can be used on a UK road. (semi-legally at least...)

I've read on one of the forums that the service intervals for the HP4 are 1000klms, 4500klms (or 25hrs), 9000klms (or 50hrs) and 18,000 (or 100hrs)

and its an engine out job with all titianium bolts to be replaced.  Ouch!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

rmbridge

Is that just for the HP4 or does it apply to the RR as well because I thought that the engine was the same on both bikes?

Reply to this Topic
yammy2011

Nov 12

yammy2011 says:

service

why not get your facts straight, the engine is the same (bar the exhaust system, and the changes to the electronics package) and the service intervalls are the same as the standard bike (6000miles or 12 months) rang a dealer this afternoon to check it out.

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

I never said it was FACT I said "I read on a forum" !!!

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

first service 600 miles and then...

Like all modern BMW's, the RR requires a first service at 600 miles (1000km).  Then service would be required every 6000 miles (10,000km).  I don't think the HP4 would be any different. .

Reply to this Topic
akaDan

Nov 11

akaDan says:

I read it on the forums!!!11!11!

I read that the engines are disposable and BMW limit you to only 5 engines per year to make you feel even more like some sort of racing god. Also, apparently the fairing panels are made of a sugary shell similar to what you find on skittles and M&Ms, just in case you break down and find yourself wandering the wilderness with no source of nutrition.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

akaDan!

Brilliant, best laugh I've had tonight. Almost as funny as anyone who buys the HP4 over the standard bike for public road use!! Wow, how have we managed to stay between the white lines all these years without all that technology! Anyone who buys the HP4 purely for road use has more money than sense IMO!!

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Satnavsteve

Hello my name is satnavsteve, I'm the guy who dosnt have a car because I don't understand how people can't just walk, I'm the guy who hasn't got a mobile phone or ever use email because my letter gets there in the end, and not even sure why I'm called satnavsteve, I should just be called compas-steve. Intact I have no technology in my life so that's why I have all the time in the world to come on motorcycle NEWS.com and oh!!!!!!........dam I'm even using a computer with my Internet. God knows how I managed to live before the Internet???? And it's completely obvious that peopler buy hp4's because they stay in-between the lines, it's nothing to do with " fuck it" I'm going to buy it because it's fecking beautifull and I have more money that mapsteve or was that nob called compas-Steve???

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

I'd

fcuking love one.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN