Skip to content

BMW BMW S1000RR vs BMW S1000RR HP4 S1000RR

You are in... Forums > BMW > S1000RR > BMW S1000RR vs BMW S1000RR HP4

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

BMW S1000RR vs BMW S1000RR HP4

A few months ago I was lucky enough to ride the new BMW HP4 at its world launch at Jerez, southern Spain. With perfect track conditions and slick tyres to play on, it was a dream. More impressive still was the HP4. BMW has taken its already class-leading S1000RR and made it even better: 9kg lighter, more agile, smoother and even...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 January 2013 13:52)

Post a message in S1000RR

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

preunit

got to admit man, not sure if id rather have that ktm arse for 10 minutes or a free hp4???

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

People who like this own one, because they found out is was crap after they signed the dotted line, oops too late. Fireblade is king. Try it.

"already class-leading S1000RR" says who? BMW owners? Magazine writers? Hardly worth quoting...speak to real world riders who arn't paid by BMW. You'll hear a world of engine recalls, huge bills, and shit all untill redline.

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Haha

Brmoore an s1000rr would piss al over a fireblade and I don't get paid from BMW, funny you say that I traded my 2010 blad in for an s1000rr. Blade was a fab bike but I'm sorry to tell you mate it miles better than a blade. R.e no power until red line, I bet the BMW is an easy monster to handle, people shit on about low end power, well go buy a twin then. BMW rules fat boy

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

kennygorrie

That KTM arse.............not sure how many owners, prolly out of warranty

but you still wanna ride it :wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hmmmmm....

An "expensive Virgin" is so much better than a "shagged out relic" but one gets ridden a lot more than the other.

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

all good either way

until it falls off it's sidestand... 

Too much dangerous and unnecessary trickery in either, but I'd bet that what sorts the B roads out on that HP4 isn't the activeness of the damping, so much as it it's underlying compliance and lighter wheels - set up a bike for B roads on light wheels and it'll do that, what's more, you'll still know what to expect on the faster stuff. The HP4 has no magic, it doesn't have spring rates to suit you or the conditions, surely it just tweaks the damping so you never know quite where you are...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Crappy B Roads?

I will take a street legal SuperMoto for those, thank you.  No substitute for suspension travel when you whack a bad pothole or pavement ridge.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle