Go to most recent reply

preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

The Falkland Islands

brilliant  just brilliant.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 January 2013 18:17)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

good find unit

probably not read by the wider Argentinean populace unfortunately

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Brilliant

Indeed. But will that botox ridden old cow listen or comprehend? If the Argies are stupid enough to invade again I do hope that we don't just defend the Falklands but after we've sent them packing a second time we take a part of Argentina as well  - you know a spoils of war type thing - just to rub their grubby noses in it.

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

memories

bang on, really good read, I must admit, I didn't know all the facts, i was ten in 1982, my dad woke me up and just said, we are at war with argies..lol

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

In the

last 50 years, the British military capability has advanced 50-60 years, whilst the argies are still using a lot of 1980s kit. I believe their amphibious craft which would be vital to the success of any invasion are now rotting somewhere and not exactly ready for action.

If they could get past the destroyer parked in the way (usually an air defence destroyer) they'd have to take out the airbase as a matter of urgency. Whilst the Argentine special forces are quite well respected and could probably mock up a civilian plane in trouble, leap out and shoot lots of things, this still wouldn't guarantee success given the sheer numbers of infantry we have there.

Whilst we only have a couple of jets stationed there, they'd be easily re-enforced by air as would the infantry.

The tactical situation at the moment is such that if they did try to invade they'd get a serious, serious pounding and would have to succeed in achieving air dominance, something which can not be done with both the air base and the air defence destroyer in position. Even if they managed to disable / destroy those (the defences of which are way in advance of anything they have), we would re-enforce quickly using paratroops with the navy being on its way.

Our huge deficit is that we currently use a slow, crap, part time French aircraft carrier which I'm sure they would not allow us to use for the purposes of waging war. This, though is not the biggest issue as we have significant overflight privileges over many countries and with mid air refueling / long range fuel tanks, it wouldn't be a huge issue to get more planes there - as long as the airbase is intact.

Plus they can't afford it.

EDIT: We can't afford it either.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Nah

Give them it back and leave the farmers behind. :wink:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

pdj

you French? :wink:

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Bonjour!

:wink:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Cold and Windy

My son-in-law was stationed there a couple of years ago.  The best part of it, was the penguins. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Cuts

Interesting that know one has mentioned the lack of an aircraft carrier or our soon to be third class army as a reason why the degio's are getting upperty?    

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Let them

have it back. Before we do that, drop maggie in there. That's what got the captilist bitch back in power, god the masses love a good war :blink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices