You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Help Rounded Torx

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Sket1234

Feb 12

Sket1234 says:

Help Rounded Torx

Hi i have a rounded torx i cant hammer in a biggeer piece and not enough room to use the dremel to cut a slot cant heat up cus of sensors very soft top to the torx bolt cant get mole grips in either ?????
help asap

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 January 2013 10:47)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

torx

sensors? What are you on with?What head is on the bolt?Have you any pics?

Have you tapped the bolt head sideways too break any seal. Can you drill the head off leaving a shank?

Reply to this Topic
Sket1234

Feb 12

Sket1234 says:

help rounded torx

No Pics But it on the back on the cylinder head casing i could drill the top off just but unsure of removing the rest of the bolt if i do it has been socked in lube for past few days the enter it completely circle with no biting point i have tryed tapping the sides and tapping a allen key in the top no chance it for a pulse sensor and is stopping the whole bike running

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

torx

cyl head casing,how about using a hacksaw blade only to make a slot,if the sensor has a bracket holder and your replacing it why not saw the bracket off but plug the hole for more room, is the fuel tank in the way?

Reply to this Topic
Sket1234

Feb 12

Sket1234 says:

help rounded torx

The tank , airbox, fuel rail , idle control valve are off the pulse sensor is screwed but its right in the way to get a hack saw in without taking the engine out. you have about 2 - 3 inch between the frame and casing.
i  will add a few pics asap

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Screw extractor

Try buying a set of screw extractors, hopefully one will be able to do the job without the need to drill another hole!? if not then simply drill another hole to fit a different sized extractor

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

pain in the arse screws etc..

r they stainless steel? if m/s drop a blob of solder to get a better grip ..? or mini blow torch to heat the surrounding area up..(maplin) 

or failing that, file off two edges to make a flat, get a set of old carb spanners and hammer a tight fitting open ended side on, then gently start it off, cant really give info  without pics..soz..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Sket1234

Feb 12

Sket1234 says:

help rounded torx

Have since tried to loosen with almost everything i can i think of
 i have tried to drill out with a counter clockwise drill but i cant get a straight angle at it, i have been coating it in plus gas every few hours and heating it up (Great idea soldering gun to get hear about the only thing which fits) i cant get enough tension with a small slot cut in and a screwdriver.
going to try to get a socket over the top of it and try that. will let you know how it goes

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices