Skip to content

General new bike choice... help ?? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > new bike choice... help ??

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

new bike choice... help ??

Hi all....

Its that of year when Im looking for a new bike ( well slightly 2nd hand... as I cant justify a new one ).

Problem is, all winter I thought I knew what I wanted.. a Speed Triple. But now Im seriously looking, I cant make my mind up... GSXR 1000, R1, Blade, Tuono ???.. 

Do I stick to my guns and get a Speed Triple, or go with my feelings and by another sportsbike ?...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 January 2013 11:40)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Can't

make your mind up,i bet you carnt....6 awesome bikes...

But if i were you id pick the Blade....  but then again i am Biased.......:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Experience has taught me

to go with your gut instinct on most things... however, have you tried going for a ride on all of the above..?

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

IMO

Tuono or Speed Trip. Happy hunting.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Bike choice

Don't be afraid to try something different.  Naked bikes (Or in my case sem-naked as I have a Fazer 1000) are a tad more comfortable and on the road give you most if not all of the performance of a sports bike.  The performance of my Fazer is close enough to that of a full on sports bike that it make no real difference - but it is easier to live with. And in performance terms the Speed Tripple will be even better than my Yamaha.

Try a test ride before you make your mind up.  You might just surprise yourself.        

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

As above

demo them all, try before you buy.

For what it's worth i'm with ANichol, Striple or Tuono saying that the V4 Tuono offers a very focused,firm, mad as a box of weasels ride, fun, if that's what you want.

The Striple has a more compliant less demanding ride than the Tuono, without losing out  too much in the performance/fun stakes, so for me i'd 'ave the Triumph.

I'm sure you'll have a ball deciding, cause all those bikes are fecking awesome :smile

Ride safe.

unit.

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

Ditto above

But if we're me ................Blade !:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Cheers

Thanks for all your comments. I think I'm going to take a rest ride on them all if I can. I've had a GSXR 1000 ( K6 ) and a blade and loved them both.....

R1 was always on my wish list.... The last v twin I had was a Suzuki TLR 1000...

Reply to this Topic
Steveyman

Jan 08

Steveyman says:

Keep looking

Decide what you want it for, do you still want a race bike or something a little more comfy.

I was riding a Gsxr 750 and wanted something more comfortable but with the same performance and handling.

Speed triple, Bmw, Ducati multistrada, either too expensive or not what I was looking for. I was looking for a bike with a screen.

In the end I had a look at a bike I didn't even consider a kawasaki. At first I loved the z1000 but then I came across the z1000sx.

The sx ticked all the boxes for me, a sports bike and more. It handles and performs as good as my gixer if not better, I haven't taken it on a track yet, but I certainly have no regrets.

To be perfectly honest I did my homework, did a lot of research, looked at the reviews and on paper I decided it was for me. The bummer was that the dealer didn't have a demo bike so I couldn't have a test ride. Because I was buying new I just just thought what the hell go for it.

keep looking and get what ticks all the boxes in what you want to get out of the bike, even look at something you have not considered before, still worth comparing.:smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Got it !!!

Here she is ...... 55 plate Speed Triple with 3500 miles, fsh and 1 owner. set of Arrow cans too :-)

Thanks for the advice guys !! 

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

triple

hey nice wheels , bet i sounds sweet with them cans on.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices