Skip to content

Discuss This Will Cal Crutchlow get a win in 2013? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Will Cal Crutchlow get a win in 2013?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Will Cal Crutchlow get a win in 2013?

Cal Crutchlow was the first British rider to step on to a MotoGP podium in 12 years when he finished third at Brno in 2012. Can he move up to the top step in 2013? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 January 2013 14:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Marquez

Deifnately had a trick bike in Moto2, im sure there was a lot of rule bending going on, especially for the Spanish riders, wouldnt surprise me if Dorna advised the scruitineers to look the other way a couple of times for Marquez, he is the new Spanish Golden boy and lets face it, modern Moto GP is basically a Spanish run championship that favours Spaniards.

As for Crutchlow, he could pull a win out the hat but he might be to busy trying to fight off his ultra fast team mate, any rider that can get consistant top 10's in the ultra competitive world of Moto2 on the slowest bike on the grid needs to be closely watched.

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

why are we wasting time talking bout marquez the guy is a tosser hopefully cal will barge him off the track maybe for the win  

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Where do you guys come up with this rubbish?

Marquez is a serious threat on a f'kin moped! Disappointed in the poll Mr. Birt......... ???? There is a huge difference between without a doubt and no hope in hell. I know you are looking for hits but really? If things go wrong for the big players and right for Cal..... no doubt. But straight up? Don't think he has the measure of the Cava boys yet does anyone else?

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Mr Krabs..

The Spanish might bankroll and support GP racing like no other country,but thank God we don`t have to rely on the 'two bob brits' to help fund GP racing..When was the last time you saw a British company sponsor or fund a GP team ?..We can`t even find British backing for our young British GP stars of the future(although there has been support and backing for them from Spain Mr Krabs)The Championship dose'nt favour Spaniards..just the best riders in the World..Marquez is very a special rider and extremely fast as he will prove this year

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

Mr Krabs

cant see him having a trick bike to be honest

its not like he had his own engines, there picked out a hat every 3 races

the rest of the bike anyone else could have had the same if they wanted to pay for it.

if you look at the top speeds he wasn't way faster, its just his light weight let him get to that top speed faster

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Parkway & Sheene fan

I agree that without Spanish & Italian money GP would be dead on its arse. My comments on Dorna looking the other way were said with tounge in cheek however being Spanish (or Italian) does give people like Maruez a bit of an advantage, especially in the junior classes where their influence is massive.

To my knowledge Suter were paid a lot of money to put all their efforts into Marquez, he got exactly what he asked for when he asked for it. Therefore compared to most of the other riders he had a seriously trick bike. He rode it brilliantly of course but lets put it like this, would everyone be raving about him the way they are if he had been on the Tech3 bike last year. I think not.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

I will go out on a limb

and say that no Brit will get a win this year. Nien, Nada, None!!! In contrast, Nicky or Ben could get a win as they will be on Factory bikes, so this gives them a chance.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

mr krabs

The reality is that the best riders always end up on the best bikes ,Ago ,Hailwood ,Roberts ,Lawson Mang ,Biaggi,Nieto,Doohan,Rossi etc,there's no latin conspiracy...I seem to remember Ducati( sbk) favouring plenty of British riders .Its in Dornas financial interests to have as many nationalities competing in GPs,thats why they can use their influence to get decent rides for British youngsters...The backing ain't gonna come from this Country for sure

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Will Cal win? He needs to actually stay on the bike first!!

Moto GP will die this year anyway with all the new rules, especially the points reduction for overtaking someone a bit closely!! Pathetic!!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

any yamaha

is better than any other factory bike, barring spies cal and dovi beat many factory efforts all season long, so i cant agree with that,

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices