Skip to content

Discuss This You Ask/You Answer: Which exhaust? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You Ask/You Answer: Which exhaust?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You Ask/You Answer: Which exhaust?

I've just got my first 'big' bike – a 2002 Honda CBR900RR-2 – which is currently completely standard, and I really want to pull some power out of the motor. I've got a Power Commander for it, and am looking to buy an exhaust end can, but the choices are baffling. I've found loads of cans from £100 to £500, but have...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 January 2013 14:06)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
billysollocks

Feb 09

Snev, how about a GT750 Suzuki with a Piper 3 into 1, or an old Campbell Geometrics, with the adjustable baffle opened up a bit? Had one of those on a 750/4, it sounded utterly evil and as for the burble on the over - run......simple times, but dashed amusing!  Remember the old kill switch game at night? Ride along, flick the kill switch to off, pump some fuel in then flick the switch back on. Loud bangs and flames, stupid but fun. Right, I'm off to build a time machine, things are far too sensible now. After I've cleaned up the dribble from my ever slackening jaw.......

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Hosbusa

Hosbusa said "That ZZR14 with over 200 rwhp sounds amazing ! You gotto crack the double ton on that". 

I hope so, I cracked the double-ton on my old 2006 ZZR at Woodbridge, that's the bike in my avatar. 205.4mph was the best of nine runs over the magic 200 and that bike, which had a TiForce system, only made 192bhp.

The 2012 bike with another 10bhp ought to do it if conditions are right. The reflashed ECU gives another 500rpm before the engine rpm-limiter as well as de-restricting top speed, so on stock gearing it should do 206. I'm going to run with a 41 tooth sprocket though, good for 211 and probably pack a 40 tooth (217) just in case we get one of those lovely tail winds. The first meeting is this March.

Hosbusa also asked about Santa Pod. I don't get there very often as I do LSR events and don't sprint much these days. The ZZR's go very well though, especially when lowered and strapped. My best quarter on the old bike was 9.84 and that was stock wheelbase, geared up for top-speed events and foot shifting.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Bob 1

I know a couple of the lads who go to Woodbridge, but Santa Pod is our regular visit. I would love to see some ZZRs on the strip, not enough competition for the Busas and GSXRs.

I might get over to Woodbridge eventually, I know its a great event. Good luck with the new bike set up and I hope you well and truly smash your own personal best  !

Reply to this Topic
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

cans

First big bike and you want more power? Are you sure a CBR 900 doesn't have enough for your skills already? Fit a can to make it noisier if you want, you won't get a noticeable amount of extra power, you'll also join the ranks of the other idiots who seem hell bent on annoying the rest of the population every Sunday, thus promoting yet more restrictive legislation for bikers. I'm a biker that lives in the Cotswolds and am p*ssed of with weekend warriors howling around everytime the sun comes out. It's not big or clever. Noise does not equal power, keep it quiet, you can ride faster without attracting attention.

Reply to this Topic
cbxade

Mar 06

cbxade says:

Vroom!

I know a great place in the Cotswolds where you can make loads of noise on a Sunday :P

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices