Ask an Expert New bikes insurance question Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > New bikes insurance question

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

funguseater2012

Jan 13

New bikes insurance question

I have purchased a new 2012 Triumph Speed Triple from a dealer. It is going to be registered on March 1st. I have a personal no plate already paid for to dvla.

My wife is getting an er6n on March 1st with whatever no plate is offered.

Question is, can I insure the bike(s) before march 1st as I wish to garage them, otherwise will have to leave them at the dealers.

any help appreciated.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 January 2013 19:51)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

New bike insurance

Having just faced a similar question my underwriter would not insure the bike without a registration number. 

Reply to this Topic
funguseater2012

Jan 13

ok

so sounds like would be able to insure the triumph but not the kawasaki, the triumph no plate takes effect from march 1st but i own it from now so guess that would be ok with insurers ? Its a march 2013 no plate i bought.

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

I doubt it

Assuming the personal plate isn't currently in use & is registered to the Speed Triple then I'm guessing it should be okay... but why the rush to insure if you can't ride it until March? Probably best to wait until end of Feb when you know both plates isn't it..?

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

insurance

I am guessing with your circumstances being as you say that you will struggle to get either bike insured! you say the Triumph No. plate is a 13 plate so cant be properly registered till March either, you would be safer leaving bikes with dealer till then as if you take them home, there is always a chance your garage could be broken into and bikes stolen which would be a total nightmare!!!! 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle