Skip to content

Discuss This WSB 2012 – a year to remember World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB 2012 – a year to remember

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

WSB 2012 – a year to remember

The 2012 WSB season will be remembered for a multitude of reasons. After 14 rounds and 27 races (Monza race two was cancelled) the championship fight came down to the wire. In fact it was the closest WSB finale in the championships 25 year history with half a point separating the old guard Max Biaggi and the new kid on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 11:30)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simplebystander

Oct 10

New kid?

How is Sykes a new kid on the block? He has been in the WSB championship for 4 years! Granted, its only been recently that he has had a bike under him that suits him, but still - he's fairly experienced now!

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Awesome!!

What a season, sadly i missed a lot of races due to work, but it certainly beat the shit out of Motogpzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

Reply to this Topic
440PROJECT

Sep 12

440PROJECT says:

WHERE IS THE SEASON REVIEW DVD???

Its NOWHERE to be seen and I had to miss most of the year last year!!! I need it!!! HELP!!

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Amazing year

What an amazing season 2012 was. It had everything, close exiting racing with five diferent manafactures winning races, drama particulary at the British round and the final round, A really close championship which wasnt decided to the very last round. One of the best motor cycle world championships ever and that includes any MOTOGP championships. Its just a shame that SKY has all the TV rights because any one who hasnt got SKY and can only watch MOTOGP dont know what their missing. The only blot on the landscape is what idiot agreed to let DORNA take over the running of WSB and MOTOGP.  Hopefully they wont mess up a great format but I have my doupts   

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

ratchetman.....

WSBK is on Eurosport not SKY. You don't necessarily have to have SKY to watch WSBK. Although with SKY you get British Eurosport and the best bike racing coverage, therefore unless you have had some insanely unfair dramatic beef with SKY I don't know why any self respecting bike racing fan would not subscribe. Do you? ***** Anyway great season of WSBK glad to see the Roman Emperor take the title in his final season. Jonathan Rea disappoints again and Sykes did a magnificent job getting the Kwacker up the sharp end. We will see if he can continue the form next season or if it was his best shot...... let's hope he is in the mix next year, that was a great job to date. ***** BTW.... GP bikes still rule! 2014..... Melandri or Sykes... close call?

Reply to this Topic
Nicke1888

Jan 13

Nicke1888 says:

@440project, I have been looking for the season review DVD as well. But if u have an ipad or tablet you can download the sbk2012 app and view all the race and superpole highlights along with interviews ect. Hope that's of some help

Reply to this Topic
tomoijsg

Jun 08

tomoijsg says:

Watch it online

Sign up to Eurosport tv online and watch British Eurosport 1 & 2 live. My subscription only cost £1.99/ month. A bloody bargin.

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

TV

In South Africa we get Superbike Sunday on DSTV, all races are shown including highlights of practice and superpole if you missed the full coverage on Saturday free of charge, no subscription, pretty awesome, some of the commentators arent to hot though., cant have everything!

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

You could always download the SBK Magazine videos off youtube, posted by the SBK. They are about 25 minutes each, and highlight the round including the WSS races. I'm not sure if they have a video for each and every round though. There's a guy who's posted every race this year in entirety on YT as well.   https://www.youtube.com/user/The666Sicco  is the URL.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices