Skip to content

Discuss This Ten minutes with Andy McNab General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ten minutes with Andy McNab

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Ten minutes with Andy McNab

We thought and thought but couldn’t remember the last time we’d met an SAS hero biker. So before he left us, we bombarded McNab with questions for a further 10 minutes.  MCN: Are motorcycles popular in SAS?AM: Very much so. You’re encouraged to live out of camp and people commute in from all over the place by bike. In the car...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 12:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Why did you ask 'how many people have you killed?' What has that got to do with biking? I'm amazed he even gave you an answer. I'm amazed he's kept count. I've always been suprised at Andy McNabs books and descriptions of life in the SAS as I thought it was a covert military unit not usually giving details of their operations away. I had a friend who was a sergeant in the SAS and he never spoke about his exploits other than how when he went to reunions he would start a fight and come away looking like a panda! The only reason I knew he was in the SAS was that his son told me!

Reply to this Topic
akaDan

Nov 11

akaDan says:

Andy McNab...

...sponsored by BMW.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Farrell

Firstly, " War with Iran" ? A bit presumptuous eh? As far as I'm aware we haven't actually started that war yet, it's still in the "phoney" stage. Secondly, remember when I rang you up to tell you the Lastec LTI20-20 didn't work on motorbikes? Remember how I told you that me and a laser building friend had phoned them and the owner coughed that they were never designed with motorbikes in mind? I just thought I'd let you know I haven't forgotten how you ran with my story despite me telling you to wait out. As for the how many people have you killed line, that's standard from anyone with only half a partial clue, it's not a game, it isn't C.O.D and YOU DO NOT ASK THAT QUESTION OF A SERVICEMAN. I only had a bit of respect for you before and now I have none, well done.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Jockey Steve

Right on brother. I've encountered more than one 2-2 man in my time and they do not talk about it, it's a bit like Fight Club really. I know people who have served in other units and they too do not talk about it. I don't talk about my time either, usually, unless it's with the lads I served with. I suspect A.McNab was using artistic licence when he said "170", it's either a well educated guess or it's a throw away way line he's used to hearing that helps enhance his rep, if you like that sort of thing.

Reply to this Topic
Sharpie007

Oct 12

Sharpie007 says:

Describe your worst crash?

Blah blah blah....it was great. So crashing is great is it? No it's not.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Mandy...

Iran-Iraq war 1980 to 1988...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_War

Engage brain before reading.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a load of pish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

What kind...

of a girls name is Andy McNab... apparently someone said that once but they are no longer with us. Bet he cant get his knee down though

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

H5

And the involvement of 22nd Special Air Service in the Iran-Iraq war was? I suggest you engage your brain first.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Mandy.

I'm sure our intrepid reporter must be devastated by the news of your subsequent lack of respect for him. NOT!!..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices