Skip to content

Discuss This Ten minutes with Andy McNab General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ten minutes with Andy McNab

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Ten minutes with Andy McNab

We thought and thought but couldn’t remember the last time we’d met an SAS hero biker. So before he left us, we bombarded McNab with questions for a further 10 minutes.  MCN: Are motorcycles popular in SAS?AM: Very much so. You’re encouraged to live out of camp and people commute in from all over the place by bike. In the car...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 12:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

He's made you look a right knob

Gotta say I was a little surprised to see this article on MCN.  I read his books about 10 years ago, since I'm interested in military history as well as motorcycles.  Seems he must be fairly well-known in the UK.  Didn't know he was into bikes.  Thanks to McNab's books, Guy Ritchie's movies, and watching the In-Betweeners on Netflix, I can now insult my friends fluently in British.  Thanks!

Reply to this Topic
MatrixMac

Nov 10

MatrixMac says:

A strange article indeed. But an editor has to fill columns with something, why not touch on a cross between two subjects that are guaranteed to appeal, one of them being the fantasy world of special forces. Fantasy in that there are a lot of wanna be types out there......you know who you are !

Reply to this Topic
Frankie4Fingers

Oct 12

Kingstanding / Brum

I'm sure McNab was TA :-)

Reply to this Topic
Frankie4Fingers

Oct 12

Kinstanding / Brum

& a crap hat .........

& i'd only need 2 minutes with him, lol, :lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

I agree with other posters - what a weird article !  . I also know a few ex-forces ,including a  ex-s.a.s. guy who I  once bought a classic car off . I don"t remember any  of them telling long winded stories about  the Falklands or  the Gulf  . There has been many a odd story or article in  M.C.N. pages , but  what"s next  ? a astronaut ,  a bullfighter , a explorer  or  terrorist  ? . In fact  anybody who at one time rode ,owned or  has seen a bike .

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

YAWN!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
MatrixMac

Nov 10

MatrixMac says:

Yawn indeed. This thread is in danger of becoming more tedious than a story about a SAS trooper on a moped.

Reply to this Topic
HDGuy

Mar 06

HDGuy says:

Twat

What a load of bullshit.

Andy McNob is a fiction writer!

Steve Mitchell was never in the SAS and it looks like he has conned MCN the same as many others. This was purely a book promotion.

Obviously all the scars he received from that 'interrogation' where tidied up by a top Harley Street plastic surgeon paid for by the army.

And as for:-  'I’ve got very nice teeth now because they’re porcelain. They were smashed when I got captured' .. Why does he go on to say:- 'But he didn’t, he pulled them out with pliers instead.' Forget his story that quick.

Another wannabe who tells a good tale, to some, but wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes IF he had ever actually been in the SAS.

Does he even know how to ride a motorbike?

Will MCN do a piece on me about the time I rode up Everest on an Electra Glide, backwards?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices