Skip to content

Discuss This Ten minutes with Andy McNab General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ten minutes with Andy McNab

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Ten minutes with Andy McNab

We thought and thought but couldn’t remember the last time we’d met an SAS hero biker. So before he left us, we bombarded McNab with questions for a further 10 minutes.  MCN: Are motorcycles popular in SAS?AM: Very much so. You’re encouraged to live out of camp and people commute in from all over the place by bike. In the car...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 12:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

CH

I'd have hoped you'd have been slightly less dull on a non MotoGP thread but apparently you aren't.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Hmm...

Maybe you "don't ask that sort of question of a serviceman", but this publicity-seeking death merchant does kind of beg to get asked that sort of question, don't you think?

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Well why don't we ask him how well he can make a Spanish Omelette  on this MOTORCYCLING website as well. Just as relevent IMO!

Reply to this Topic
iandrobinson

Jan 05

iandrobinson says:

Mandy

"And the involvement of 22nd Special Air Service in the Iran-Iraq war was? I suggest you engage your brain first."

Where does it mention SAS involvement? The "we" in McNab's answer refers to the nation, along with the US' backing.

Be careful of suggesting brain engagement.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Comment seems mysteriously to have vanished

Oh well, surely just some technical error.

McNab is a joke, and it's just sad that folk keep publishing his increasingly deranged ramblings as fact.  I see he's killed and eaten 170 people now.  Doubtless he'll have 'remembered' dozens more by the next time he's shilling a book.

Shame on you for giving him the oxygen of publicity, MCN.  You should know better.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Mandy..

.."I don't talk about my time either, usually, unless it's with the lads I served with" - I guess when you're peeling spuds for the boys doing the real graft, you wouldn't want to shout about it. We understand.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Warning...

this forum could contain nuts........

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Mandy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_War#Foreign_support_to_Iraq_and_Iran

The UK provided weapons related equipment... & presumably the training to use it (though the UK may have had all sorts of other involvement that we'll never get to hear about).

So we've established there was a war & the UK did back Iraq as he said. You can doubt that Iraqi personnel were trained at Sandhurst but it really doesn't matter does it?... his word against yours... he was there you weren't... but to do so would be a troll... which you are (you've said as much)... so go ahead.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Other possible articles

Here's a suggestion MCN - why not get on the widow of Harold Shipman for an interview?  After all, he killed over 250 people, which is surely even better than this McNab freak.

Failing that, neo-Nazi white supremacist Breivik of Norway is still alive - interview him.   Admittedly he only killed just shy of 80 people, but maybe he's got a mate who once rode a motorbike.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Slightly disturbed by....

A few comments TBH... not Liking the one about nicking a FS1E ???? "Bike Thief" ????? promoted on MCN as a hero ????? Riding an "Electra Glide" and blaming the "Menopause" ???? Killing 170 people,,,,or there abouts ???? I upset someone once by talking about how to wipe ones arse..... jeeeesssseeee

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices