Skip to content

Ask an Expert Joining Socket to top of rounded torx Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Joining Socket to top of rounded torx

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Sket1234

Feb 12

Sket1234 says:

Joining Socket to top of rounded torx

Hi i have a rounded torx see page before i have since worked out that a 7/16 socket is pretty much perfect fit the problem i have is i need to join the socket to the top. i can almost get it to turn then it slips is there any way to join the two together (solder/ glue no welder ) to get a bit more pressure.
I have tried drilling (cant get a straight angle at it)
I have cut a slot in it and it still wont turn with a screwdriver
Have coated in plus gas repeatedly
Have heated and let cool repeatedly.

One Bolt stopping me riding

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 13:23)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

gator grip

Is that a socket full of spring loaded pins? If so, it would've been no good in this instance, the head of the bolt/screw was round, and the extractor has a coarse spiral wound left hand thread inside (a bit similar to rifling, if you like) and as you undo the extractor socket, the teeth grip the bolt head, and remove it. Very useful. :smile

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Fogie

It is. Cheers for that, i'll go for an irwin then, proper job!

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

tools

No probs Domster, tend to collect all sorts of odd tools myself.... :laugh: been a motor mechanic for donkeys years, and RAF before that.. :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

tools

Never heard of that, then again have tig and mig in my workshop or play area as mrs b calls it..ex reme so IT IS gonna  come out, or off..lol

one of the best hand tools i have as the tool for holding the stupid clips for rear brake shoe pins, fartign around with pliers and piiiing..lost it..had it from a tool co. when i was , ahem, a Shitroen mechanic...went to slough as well for electrics course..was truly crap there..lol

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Tools.

For similar reasons my most useful tool is a magnet on a telescopic stick to help retrieve all the bits I drop under the tank or onto the gravel drive. I'd love a garage.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

james

m8, i feel your love for magnets....who the feck invented them:unsure::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices