Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN Jan 9: World Exclusive KTM 1190 Ridden General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN Jan 9: World Exclusive KTM 1190 Ridden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New MCN Jan 9: World Exclusive KTM 1190 Ridden

In this week's MCN, out January 9, we ride KTM's new big bore trailie, the 1190 Adventure R, the venerable 990's replacement. MCN becomes one of an exceptionally exclusive club as we travel to New Zealand to ride the legendary Britten V1000. Also this week: All the latest news, we talk to 'Rocket' Ron Haslam as his race school returns to Donington, and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 13:27)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

MCN has to fly to New Zealand (summer there!) to ride the Britten V1000? Its a hard life being a journalist! Was there a fight in the office as to who got to go?

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

KTM

love'em, a company with bikes that still have soul, so to be "competative" they up the cc's of their Adventure, I really hope they don't lose their juju.

Maybe build a sports tourer and kick start  that shit again, now that would be a thing, an RC 8  1290ST.

Seriuosly that'll be the "new" thing.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Harley-Davidson

To understand (which is not necessarily the same as approval) Harley-Davidson, you have to live in the US for a while among their followers.  The closest thing in the UK is probably the way footballers follow their chosen club.

Reply to this Topic
seniorspanner

Jan 09

KTM

Good luck to them, as they make some good  bikes - I particularly like the new 690 Duke and the  SMT. The problem, for me, is their sparse dealer network - I live in Cheshire and my nearest dealers are in Blackburn, Nottingham or Colwyn Bay- between 55 and 70 miles away! Pity. By way of contrast, within 25 miles there are 2 Triumph Dealers, 1 Ducati, 2 Harley, 1 Aprilia, 3 Honda, 2 Kawasaki, 1 Yamaha and 1 Suzuki.

Reply to this Topic
seniorspanner

Jan 09

KTM

Good luck to them, as they make some good  bikes - I particularly like the new 690 Duke and the  SMT. The problem, for me, is their sparse dealer network - I live in Cheshire and my nearest dealers are in Blackburn, Nottingham or Colwyn Bay- between 55 and 70 miles away! Pity. By way of contrast, within 25 miles there are 2 Triumph Dealers, 1 Ducati, 2 Harley, 1 Aprilia, 3 Honda, 2 Kawasaki, 1 Yamaha and 1 Suzuki.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

KTM

Can t wait for the 1290  super duke . V twins are where it s at for the real world . LC8 has been an awesome Platform for a multitude of bikes,  while you are at it how about an RC4.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

piglet....

In the UK there are a number of  "followers" that would love to live the "American Dream" but.... it's raining which is good for the rest of  our ears. 

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Harley Lifestyle™

The Harley-Davidson culture cannot be as predominant in the UK as the US - here every third person driving a pick-up truck has a H-D sticker on the back window or is wearing a H-D shirt.  Or at our local general merchandise/farm supply store, a quarter of the boots (and these are not motorcycle riding boots) and casual wear are H-D branded.  And garages are full of H-D bikes (even those most owners spend more time cleaning their bikes than riding).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices