Skip to content

Discuss This Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo

Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad, featuring Valentino Rossi and reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo in 2013, has signed a two-year sponsorship agreement with US energy drink giant Monster. Monster Energy branding will be visible on the bikes and leathers of Rossi and Lorenzo as well as on all official team clothing and equipment. The deal for 2013 and 2014 though is not a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 13:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Sharpie007

Oct 12

Sharpie007 says:

Business is business

I love reading all your opinions on here, it's funny reading the little digs you guys have at each other! I wonder how many of you are business men, one or two maybe - who knows? - The point is business is business. If a company has a chance to oust a competitor, therefore reduce competitor activity, reduce potential business threats and increase brand awareness, then they take it. It's not a question of 'Do we have faith in Rossi and his ability on the Monster bike to beat JL on the RockStar?' In fact it's not a question at all. It's an aggressive, strategic business move to ensure the survival of their brand, therefore the business and an opportunity to deliver a critical blow to a competitor. Moreover, they have their name all over two world champions and two potential future champions and what does that mean? Sale. Sale. Sale. £££.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

All very well Sharpie

I agree with most of what you've said. But I tune in to watch a bike race, which is all it is, albeit with the best riders in the world. So what I'm watching it for is to enjoy what they can do on a bike and hopefully to see some good racing.

I'm well aware of the business ventures that some have turned a motorcycle race into but I couldn't give a stuff about that, I've no interest in how much a rider makes their sponsor in merchandising sales or how much exposure they give them on TV. Just the racing.

I hadn't actually got a clue what Rockstar was until I read this, that's how much of an impact the sponsors name has with me...

This is the bit I disagree with

It's not a question of 'Do we have faith in Rossi and his ability on the Monster bike to beat JL on the RockStar?' In fact it's not a question at all. It's an aggressive, strategic business move to ensure the survival of their brand, therefore the business and an opportunity to deliver a critical blow to a competitor.

It is a question of do they have faith because obviously they don't. If they were confident he alone as their current sponsored rider could give them the results they want, they wouldn't give a hoot who the other rider was sponsored by as they'd be confident their livery was going to top the podium. They weren't, therefore they covered all bases.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Exactly..

Sharpie lives up to his name..it's Rossi's sponsor who's got the muscle. Rossi gave them the opportunity to KO Rockstar..

He's the Daddy..a sponsor magnet..get over it!

Gold watch or cheap watch?..who's come apart early and packed up? 

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

nostro once again

You have missed the plot. How humiliating for lorenzo that yamaha went with rossis sponser and not his. As world champ that must sting...he is their "lead rider" after all. Yamaha chose rossis sponser because monster said here is a boat load of money...all we ask is that we are number 1-no sharing with the competition.To which yamaha replied...no problem...we have absolutely no loyalty to rockstar- they are jorge's sponser not ours. We will happily cover his piddly personal sponsership in exchange for a very lucrative team sponsership deal. It kind of puts into perspective who the real number 1 is. Rossi has full monster sponsership and lorenzos partial monster sponsership has to be padded by yamaha so that rossi is not seen to get more than the world champ. Your stalker-like hatred for rossi makes you one of the least objective posters on here and has made all your opinions "tainted goods". Maybe you should take advice from your hero stoner with whom you have a disturbing man-love for. He is retired....After being booted off one website( how pathetic...to be so annoying that you arent allowed to post....oh right they were wrong and stupid not you) maybe you should too. After all as you say the goalposts have moved and you have been left behind. Yamaha wants money.....number 1 rule of business. Rossi can deliver it and jorge cant. Here is some money jorge...now go sit over there while the men do business...oh yeah you are number 1 baby...come on vale lets go sign some papers. Thank you for instantly making us millions just by being you

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bulto gives us a lecture on how we should just focus on the racing..but couldn't care less who wins the championship?

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

ha ha

bulto is one of the biggest clowns on here.
I used to laugh at his posts but now I am just bored of hearing the same shit over and over and over............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Choccy cams

More typical incoherent nonsense. Thick as pig shit little yellow oompa loompa's like you can't see the woods for a decaying and dying old yellow tree. Then again I suppose it can't be easy forming a balanced opinion stuck in back and beyond Canada with just your old Rossi VHS cassettes and a manky yellow sock for company.

Nostro has been booted off no websites. I've only ever posted on MCN and MM, the later of which I chose to leave due to meglomaniacal Rossi love dribble of it's fawnicator in chief David Emmett.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

You really must get out more your bitterness grows day by day and month by month.        Try and focus all your energy on something you can actually control, instead of dwelling on things you can’t.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

er No Wosi

Bulto gives us a lecture on how we should just focus on the racing..but couldn't care less who wins the championship?

No lecture, I didn't tell anyone to focus on anything, each to their own. If how much sponsorship a rider can bring and how much he can make his employer and sponsors is what Motogp is to you, then good for you, rejoice.

I said only that I don't give a toss about that, I watch it in the hope that I see some decent racing and / or some immensely talented riders do something special on a bike - that has nothing to do with who wins a championship - something else I don't give a toss about.

Your level of understanding of what people write on here is dropping to Mario's...

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

If I was Lorenzo I would be seriously pissed off right now. Team leader and world champ being told to drop his sponsor because the prodigal son has returned. Ouch!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices