Skip to content

Discuss This Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo

Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad, featuring Valentino Rossi and reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo in 2013, has signed a two-year sponsorship agreement with US energy drink giant Monster. Monster Energy branding will be visible on the bikes and leathers of Rossi and Lorenzo as well as on all official team clothing and equipment. The deal for 2013 and 2014 though is not a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 13:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
motogpnorival

Feb 10

No overseas......

....... Sportsman has ever won the BBC Sports Personality of the year...... When VR. bags it this year all you guys could set aside your differences and vote for him...... I for one look forward to the acceptance speech.... His hoodie will probably be sporting the Monster logo..... Try to rally round guys and support the great man..

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

bulto

I get the point you don't care who wins - accepted!   I think that even the most hardened of Rossi fans (oompa loompas) in Nostrospeak recognise that Stoner had an exceptional turn of speed. IMO tho' he was beyond the ragged edge and was lucky to get away with not crashing on many many occasions - Indy was always a crash waiting to happen and eventually his luck ran out.  Some may see his style as masterful and skillful - I see it as reckless abandon which eventually was his downfall.  Yes spectacular I agree but if he could have held that style in check he would have been champion every year since 2007   he wasn't.    Could he have won more than 2 ?   We'll never know.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Bring back sigarette livery's ! Kevin Schwanz Lucky-strike, Wayne Rainey Marlboro and Doohan Rothmans. After all this thread is not about Rossi or J-lo or Casey being the best rider? It's about yet another crappy energy drink livery. There have been so many pretty liveries in recent years. Santander Bank Yamaha R1 my favorite. And the Renault/Lotus F1 team.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

Could he have won more than 2 ? We'll never know.

Agreed - but does it matter? Only for the record book afficianados maybe. He was intent on winning every race he started it seems, the only point he saw to racing and I can't say it's the wrong attitude to take.

Do you enter races to win them or play the percentage game just so you can finish with more points than someone else and be given the title of champion come season end - something that can be achieved without winning a race if the planets align

I guess neither approach is right or wrong, just depends on the riders desire / goal and what gives the greater sense of achievement

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Carlos

I'm no fan of Honda but the Repsol colour scheme takes some beating and the Tech3 Yams looked good last year

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

The thing is Bulto

riders at club level probably race every race to win, however when you get to professional level with a works contract you are expected by the very nature of that contract to win championships - that's why you are paid the mega-bucks. That's also why you have to settle for places on occasions for the sake of the championship. After all MotoGP is basically just a showcase for the manufacturers to display their wares.

thanks for the non-sarcastic answer btw.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Bultoboy

I agree about the Repsol livery. It's classic. I read that they will change it . Hopefully not those orange wheels. With my last post i was jus't trying to move this thread on from a Casey/Rossi banter. After all this was about a Monster deal for the Yamaha factory team. So where does this leave Tech3? As far as livery's go. Kevin Schwanz had a sweet Pepsi Suzuki as well. And on the subject, Corona Suzuki wasn't bad.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

" a racer of VR's ability does not lose that talent overnight"

Erm, it hasn't been overnight has it? By my reckoning it's entering its 3rd year.

Reply to this Topic
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

TO ALL

My mates better than your mate?

Nice to see we can have an adult discussion about something isn't it and anyway, my mate Bob would out ride both of them on his Melody.

Grow up boys!!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Mandy...

I think that refers to the fact that he was just as bad on the Duke after 1 night as he was after 2 years... he'd lost nothing.. he's openly stated that he couldn't ride the Ducati like Stoner... you can't lose what you never had.

The mere fact that we're still talking about him means we haven't written him off yet... neither have Monster, it would appear... whether he can still ride the Yamaha remains to be seen... he's said it feels great but he's lead us up the garden path with that too many times with Ducati to think he's fooling anyone.

Results count... at the 1st race it'll be one day short of 2 and a half years since his last win... almost as long since he last lead a race... he's said he learnt nothing from his time at Ducati... that's a long time treading water... we shall see.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices