Skip to content

Discuss This Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo

Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad, featuring Valentino Rossi and reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo in 2013, has signed a two-year sponsorship agreement with US energy drink giant Monster. Monster Energy branding will be visible on the bikes and leathers of Rossi and Lorenzo as well as on all official team clothing and equipment. The deal for 2013 and 2014 though is not a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 13:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

YamahaGYTR

You're a simple lad. It's called a wind up. Stoners championships were a bit soft though. That Ducati was rapid in a straight line out the crate (see video for details: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEqR48hAWwM ) with tyres the Michelins simply couldn't run with. Level the playing field, he wasn't so good (over race distance).

In all honesty though, Pedrosa had the beating of Stoner in 2011 until you know what happened and Jorge was nowhere due to Yamaha's focus being on 2012 and they both comprehensively beat him last year and were in a different league.

Pedrosa will go on to be champion this year I guarantee it.

I'm not knocking Stoner by the way, the fastest rider ever over a lap and when Jupiter aligned with Mars, he was able to take 2 titles, hopefully he enjoys his retirement always with the doubt in his mind that he never won it when the playing field was level.

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Light the blue touch paper

and retire

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Only real challenger to Stoner is Lorenzo end of Pedrosa yes had his best season but he is fragile considering the injuries he has had.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Icantrideabike

I agree entirely with what you say especially about the childish bickering.My goodness thank god there are people like yourself,H5 and Saturn that can see things in reality rather than biased fantasy.
I also like the thought of Pedrosa winning the championship this season but you just have to wonder if luck can stay with him for the entire season.He certainly has the ability.
It is going to be an interesting season hopefully with more than two riders fighting for the championship and I think there could well be with Rossi on a competitive bike again and Marquez being the talent that he is.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

IcantRide...

"I'm not knocking Stoner by the way, the fastest rider ever over a lap and when Jupiter aligned with Mars, he was able to take 2 titles"

On the Ducati, the way it had to be ridden I agree... it needed all the stars in complete alignment... a few wins does not seal a championship unless all the other riders have equally bad years (see 2006 when Stoner's score this year would have seen him champion by 2 points!). Had he not been on the Ducati I think we would have seen a far looser alignment requirement. He has the most wins by far so far since joining Honda & is so close on points with JL as makes no difference... that's a shit load of laps at actual race winning pace (far more than any other rider since he moved from Ducati), not fast over a lap. Such is life & you have to play with the cards as they are dealt, but if the stars have to be in alignment then we must have had an almost static universe last year & they only aligned for the championship winner on one more occasion than Stoner this year.

Dani on the other hand hasn't had the Ducati handicap... a series of unfortunate incidents have afflicted each year... if ever a rider needed the stars to line up for them it's him. Maybe 2013 but don't hold your breath.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
LouisVR46

Feb 12

LouisVR46 says:

Next season certainly will be the most interesting in a while, because Lorenzo has a great chance, Dani is faster but he needs the luck to continue, rossi returns and will have something to prove, and marquez is a champion in the waiting, and it will be interesting to see how quickly he can pick up the new bike. Plus, the best of the rest are even stronger, with crutchlow having some momentum, bautista also, and dovi and spies on the duke looking to see if they can tame it, also bradl impressed last year and will be factory backed this year, which is great.

Reply to this Topic
VisorViews

Dec 12

VisorViews says:

2013 was the year

when the 'dinosaur' finally became 'fossilised'.

Not even Rossi is forever young.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

Is this what you see as reality in your response to Icant Ride's comment below?

Stoners championships were a bit soft though. That Ducati was rapid in a straight line out the crate (see video for details: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEqR48hAWwM ) with tyres the Michelins simply couldn't run with. Level the playing field, he wasn't so good (over race distance).

In all honesty though, Pedrosa had the beating of Stoner in 2011 until you know what happened and Jorge was nowhere due to Yamaha's focus being on 2012 and they both comprehensively beat him last year and were in a different league.

Stoner only won because he had it soft? Wonder what your reaction would be if someone siad that of Rossi's first 5...  As for the tyres in 2007, which tyres finished 2nd and 3rd, well ahead of the other Bridgestone runners? And no-one seemed to mind when Michelin were baking their overnight black doughnut specials did they?

Oh the hypocrisy of it all, you have to laugh...

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Go ahead Bulto

laugh while you can !!!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

You're still making the mistake of thinking I care who wins the championship...

It's the irony of Buel's response that makes me laugh - always claiming impartiality and that no-one on here is qualified to offer an opinion about any rider, especially negative - always willing to defend the rider's cause, especially Rossi's, but that's all suddenly ended with some pretty silly comments about Stoner's ability which he sees as "realistic"...

You don't find that a little hypocritical?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices