Skip to content

Discuss This Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo

Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad, featuring Valentino Rossi and reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo in 2013, has signed a two-year sponsorship agreement with US energy drink giant Monster. Monster Energy branding will be visible on the bikes and leathers of Rossi and Lorenzo as well as on all official team clothing and equipment. The deal for 2013 and 2014 though is not a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 13:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

is it just me or is that an awesome looking test bike

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

bikemad

It looks pretty good to me as well.  I reckon minichamps will have a model out soon.

Looking forward to seeing it in Monster livery.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Yamaha

Still no main sponsor despite having the current WC AND Vale aboard. Something 'aint right.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Look the same as the old Chesterfield 250 Yam's of Jacque and Nakano to me..........

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

As for the looks of the bike above..............................it's bland and has been for years now. Yamaha can do so much better!

!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Looks ok

Apart from the grey and yellow...

The yellow on the black leathers looks ok.

Last year the Tech3 bikes were the best looking on the grid, but this one - that yellow front mudguard and grey nose / tail ruin it. What is his obsession with yellow

Hopefully it's just a temporary colour scheme, but seeing what he did to Ducati red, I'm not holding my breath.

As regards the sponsorship deal (something I'll never understand the benefits of to the sponsor - does anyone drink the stuff?) what's the difference between what Monster are doing now and if they were title sponsor? They have their name all over the bike / riding gear, team clothing and any amount of crap they can sell with their name on it, mugs, clothing, pens etc. They're also called Yamaha Motogp Official Sponsor 2013 according to the other photo.

Presumably they are paying Yamaha a lot of money for this, so sounds like a main sponsor to me...?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Kinda looks strange both Yamaha teams works team and Tech 3 having the Monster Energy sponsor that means JL has two drinks sponsors Rockstar and Monster and who was the last person to have that no body let me guess.

Reply to this Topic
Nicke1888

Jan 13

Nicke1888 says:

Photo of 2013 leaked

I've seen a photo of the supposed 2013 m1 online, could be a photoshop job or leaked, was last week, has the monster as the main logo

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

the pic above was just the testing colours

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Marketing department dummies,

So the Yamaha Marketing department have only succeeded in ensuring the future cannabalisation of their Satellite Tech 3 squad with the recruitment of sponsorship rainman Rossi.  Maybe these geniuses should stop listening to the sycophantic MotoGP press and relalise that few companies would want to be involved with an individual who has shown the lack of  character displayed by Rossi over the last 3 years. Dummies.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices