Skip to content

Discuss This Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Monster deal for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo

Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad, featuring Valentino Rossi and reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo in 2013, has signed a two-year sponsorship agreement with US energy drink giant Monster. Monster Energy branding will be visible on the bikes and leathers of Rossi and Lorenzo as well as on all official team clothing and equipment. The deal for 2013 and 2014 though is not a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 13:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"I wouldn't call them soft but..Well..to put it politely, his bikes displayed significant advantage."

OK the 2004 Yam bike was fast 1st time out in practice but do you really think it had that much of an advantage?... & it could be argued that the Honda victories were down to rider rather than the complete domination that they had over the series in the early 2000's.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Baa..

It's not just wosi, Sheep Boy..

But then we had that crash in the final lap of Round Eight in Germany, and all our plans went out the window. In that race, he didn’t even need to win—finishing behind Dani would have been good enough. It was impatience that led to his crash and a no-point race result. And this led to his behavior at the following GP in Italy—he couldn’t calm down and get his set-up done properly, and rode a poor race to finish eighth which knocked him right back in the championship points table. If only he had finished properly in Germany, he would likely have ridden as steadily as usual in the following races and possibly would have escaped injury in Round 11 at Indianapolis.

http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_13010_honda_nakamoto_reveals_thoughts_on_2012_motogp_season/viewall.html#ixzz2Hn6Xcn00

..and as we know, Shuei is a shrewd judge. He got rid of Dovi?

I mean..could anyone see the spotty second division Italian winning 7 races in a season like Pedrosa has just done?

Great career move going to Ducati because nobody else wanted him? 

Egotistical & greedy..earn it while you can.

Reply to this Topic
LouisVR46

Feb 12

LouisVR46 says:

Livery

I hope they sign an interesting title sponsor so that the bike looks good, something colourful maybe as the Yamahas have been predominantly blue since fiat, and I don't particularly like the blue and white Yamaha scheme, but saying that, the red anniversary is cool and the dark blue and matte grey was AWESOME last year and I hoped they would keep it...that with some personal sponsors, sun moon, red cross for Lorenzo, bit of monster etc would look quality if done tastfully...and as for past liveries, I think my favourite was the Austin powers Honda, and the rizla Suzuki is nice.

Noticed people talking about testi0ng and QP times, and despite not normally wanting to go off topic, I don't think we will see rossi doing anything special, firstly testing times aren't usually accurate measures of capability and also, rossi is notorious for finishing higher in a race than qualifying, who knows why, maybe its because he has better race pace or maybe he doesn't want to finish lower than qualifying, or maybe he just isn't a great qualifier, it happens!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

For the umpteenth times posters like Saturn, Wosi and Buelli display their utter ignorance of how the racing game is played.

If you care to read the post race comments of Lorenzo you'll find he had near crash moments in almost every race last season. The fine line the three Aliens of 2012 danced upon is almost as thin as an Oompa Loompa's ability to comprehend reality.

Guess what, they all crashed in practice. Last year it was Stoner's turn for lady luck to snub him. When you walk the razors edge, as these boys are forced by each other to do, mistakes will and do happen. None of them are immune to it. 

Rossi wobbling off at Laguna through lack of concentration, well that simply is inexcusable, and very poor form for a highly paid pro. But we've become used to being let down by Rossi, a man at the height of his powers.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

adult or kids forum???

Not so sure sometimes.Certainly a few unbalanced heads here and there.
Bulto nearly everytime you post you are hypocritical.
When Rossi's name or anything to do with him is mentioned you constantly put him down and tell everyone how wrong they are and how right you are.
When Stoner's name is mentioned you constanly make him out to be some sort of god and if anyone says something negative about him you jump in defending him and telling people how wrong they are.
Hypocritical arrogant and biased with a distinct hatred for one rider.
As for the other nonsence in your post it just proves how bitter you are.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Lady luck snubbing Stoner's arse is how it works is it, you docile nincompoop?

Funny how Rossi seems to be the only beneficiary of her smiling, eh?

Glad we've cleared the confusion up!..it explains why Casey never backed up a title and Dani kept his seat without winning one?

Fkin genius..why didn't the rest of you orange pussies think of that?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

What would you do Nostro

without Myself, Wosi, Buelli and CarCleanerBoy - we keep you going you silly old sod.   I see you still couldn't resist the dig about Rossi wobbling off.   Keep taking the tablets Nostro - in fact double the dose !!!

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Ha Ha Ha

Go back to bed and rewrite you prophesies Nostrodamus ..... it's not your day.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

In 06 hayden proved you dont have to be the fastest to win the title, so realy anything could happen this year, rossi,lorenzo, pedro and even marquez has a slim chance of being WC.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Still too dozy to comprehend eh.

Rossi never had a significant race missing injury until 2010 and his broken leg at Mugello, despite numerous race and practice crashes. Luck is most certainly a component of success or failure in this game.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices