You are in... Forums > General > General > Winter :-(

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

r6buz

May 05

r6buz says:

Winter :-(

I know there is loads of info out there on depression & SAD but does anyone find it that much worse when you can't get out on your bike?

I have hated winter ever since I started riding, and each year it gets worse. 2 years ago I was made redundant and wasn't really upset about it cause I wanted a change, and it got me out of commuting on the winter bike. Last January I got a new job & quickly went downhill. The commute is longer and it is into the centre of town, so a car would probably be worse.

In the spring everything seems so much better, especially when the racing starts again.

Does anyone else feel like crap in Jan & Feb & do you think it is worse being on a bike?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 14:03)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Nope

I love riding my bike. Whatever the weather! It's all experience at the end of the day, and there's always something new to keep you on your toes.

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

winter blues..

no longer ride in winter due to a nasty fall on black ice, i cant afford to be injured..

heres to april when i can ride again.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

It's still fun

commuting on the bike in the winter. Easy if you're lucky enough to have the right clothing and heated grips.

But I do feel different once November arrives. There's no doubt that always riding in the dark and usually in the wet is not quite as much fun as lovely summer days when you can leave early and take a longer route, although I do love a nice moonlit night when the roads are dry and it's really cold. There's something special about riding under a nice full moon.

Look on the bright side. The shortest day is gone and spring is on the way. It won't be long beore you start to feel better again.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

I

absolutely hate February.........I can pretty much guaranteed i`ll be in a grump for a whole month....... :doubt: :upset:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

BST countdown :wink::smile

Reply to this Topic
Meatbingo

Jun 12

Meatbingo says:

Winter?

I've not seen much winter.

Just a perpetual autumn since about June last year.
But i'll be glad when it's a bit lighter in the morning/evening.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Go live

in the south of Spain like Rog ?:smileor even Gibraltar as its  Brit owned ? just got to make that move.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Wait and take your chances...

Keep an eye on the weather forecast, try to be ready and make the time when it stops raining for a bit.

You really have to strike when the chance is available these days.  Maybe it's not going to be a long ride, but a ride's a ride however far you get (within reason).

For instance, it's well fugging misty here right now, can hardly see across the road.   Tomorrow is predicted to be just "cloudy" - so we'll get a blast in there if possible.

(Tip:  Don't do what I did a month or so back:  get all excited because it's stopped raining for the first time in weeks,  rush straight out and promptly get yourself a speeding fine.)

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Keep it up

There are always a few nice days, worthy of a ride out during winter.  Leave it until after 10, so most of the chill is gone, and take care of potential icy patches under trees.

I've had many a good day out in February in the UK.  (Weirdly, I've bought all of my bikes in February too!)

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

In

February we are quite prone to North easterly winds,there so cold it takes your breath away....  the wind comes straight off the North  sea past the light house and hits my back door....  i'm moving to Spain...  :upset:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices