You are in... Forums > General > General > Winter :-(

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

r6buz

May 05

r6buz says:

Winter :-(

I know there is loads of info out there on depression & SAD but does anyone find it that much worse when you can't get out on your bike?

I have hated winter ever since I started riding, and each year it gets worse. 2 years ago I was made redundant and wasn't really upset about it cause I wanted a change, and it got me out of commuting on the winter bike. Last January I got a new job & quickly went downhill. The commute is longer and it is into the centre of town, so a car would probably be worse.

In the spring everything seems so much better, especially when the racing starts again.

Does anyone else feel like crap in Jan & Feb & do you think it is worse being on a bike?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 14:03)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

ninjachica: Feb bikes

Strangely enough,  I've bought all my bikes in either Feb or March too!   The dealership was pretty quiet then, and they were very keen to see some business.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Looks nippy Mrs H

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

SAD

:upset:

Well they say January/February is a sad time of year, not so much Feb for me but know what you mean. However this year I'm feeling a lot better because I'm riding the bike and not getting as stuck in motorway traffic. Ok, I've had quite a few miserable 3 hour, 100 mile commutes that has left my feet soaked and arse sore because 80 miles of that was through torrential rain and filtering through 20-50mph cars was far too dangerous. However, it would have been at least 4-5 hours if I'd been in a car because when it was gridlocked I could still filter through slowly.

Overall I'm arriving at work more awake, feeling a little fitter (must use more calories riding a bike than driving a car) and really enjoy those sunny winter mornings much more than being enclosed in metal and glass.
:roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Winter Blues

I spent 20 years working mainly indoors & the winters seemed far longer than when I spent 15 years couriering. Use your bike as often as possible it'll cheer you up no end.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

January

How to brighten up your January - buy a new bike and book a ferry to Spain.  I am now smiling at the tought of what summer will bring. 

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

bought the 675 in November

been slowly running it in since. i'm firmly a fair weather rider these days, but in this country that means taking your chances when they are there, but have had some good runs so far. just get out there!:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices