You are in... Forums > General > General > New A2 Legal Bikes

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Boabcar

Jan 13

Boabcar says:

New A2 Legal Bikes

Im 19 and currently going for my A2 licence but I fully intend on passing after the 19th January. I've looked around but im still struggling to find many bikes that are legal for being under 46.6bhp AND reasonably cheap to insure for someone as young as me. Ive seen the Suzuki GS500 but have heard that it's not great. Any help? 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 19:28)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

The new Ninja 300 ?

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

The dream machine...

would be a Kawasaki Z800e. Beautiful. Don't forget you can still get most bikes restricted fairly cheaply and simply. Best thing you can do is take a walk around a dealership and get some ideas, even if you don't buy from them you'll get an idea about the type of machine that suits you and your budget.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Like preunit says...

Ninja 300 is also a pretty funky looking machine.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

ninja 300 would get my money

but also consider cbr250 , sv650 , gladius(if its still called that). f650gs,

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

just thought

what is the 300 ninja's insurance group?

Reply to this Topic
Boabcar

Jan 13

Boabcar says:

Thanks for all the help so far

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Ive been looking at those bikes and theyre all epic. The Z800e is just a bit out of my price range, i'm still a student :upset: My budget is like £1500. And im not really into the whole sports bikes looks. Love me a good Naked Bike :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Street Triple

is your Daddy then, except its not allowed, :mad:apparantly the 47bhp has to come from a bike that didn't make more than 95bhp to begin with.

Can anyone tell me why that would make a difference?

anyway £1500 doesn't get a lot these days, and expect bikes that fit the A2 class to hold their price a little bit better! NAked sv650 would be talking to me right now

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

most of the 600

comuter type bikes should be fine bandits fazers hornets svs there all good and you can pick up one in reasonable good nick for 1500 but all tho there all fairly similar its still worth having a look round having a sit on a few diffrent bikes ect im on my restricked liscence now alltho im on the old 33bhp limit and ive got a zzr 600 and i love it its all about personal taste and what you want from it

Reply to this Topic
seniorspanner

Jan 09

Power & Weight

Don't forget the additional stipulation of a max power to weight ratio of 0.2Kw/Kg for an A2 licence, in addition to the 35Kw max. So your 46.6 hp bike must weigh at least 175 Kg.

Reply to this Topic
scratchnsniff24

Mar 11

Can't have a Hornet

As far as I've to find out. I have a beauty sat outside, that I now have to sell, because it's over the allowed power. 94bhp and under by the looks of it. The Hornet... 95bhp. Typical. And a dyno read out (what the bike's ACTUALLY producing), ain't worth jack. Instead what matters is a mystical figure they have on their database.
No point ringing the DVLA they're fudging useless. The guy on the motorcycle phone line said "Oh I don't have a clue mate, I drive a car, I've not got a motorbike... You'd probably know better than me". I said some words when I got off that phone.
Anyway, a lovely lady from Honda's looking into it for me tomorrow. I shall report back.
Assuming Fazer's are out also, since they're more powerful. Bandit's, SV's are all fine, however.
Myself, in the same boat as you, I'm looking at the torque figures, and seeing which is highest, they're not restricting that ;)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices