You are in... Forums > General > General > 2 years today

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

2 years today

we've been here 2 years today, signed an extension to our contract with our landlord for a third year last Friday.

Bring on the sun 2013 ! got a trip to Portugal planned to meet up with Nina's brother and Mrs, motogp in Jerez, babyrocket plus his better half inbound around June/July I like this retirement thing :sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 20:00)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Retirement

Long time away for me yet....

However - I like this sun thing :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

The sun

cor blimey Mrs ninja, we did a couple of hours at Diannes villa today 24 degrees on her top terrace. We've cracked it now and got to the point of doing the nicer jobs outside, I found er indoors sunbathing ! thought she'd gone quiet found her on a lounger by the pool lazy cow :lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

appy dayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

n olllidayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fair play 2 all ov ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

proper real nice folks ! u no that !!!!!:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Vulcan

Aniversario feliz!

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Gracias Marcus

2 years yesterday we arrived 2 years today we moved into this apartment. I miss one thing only from our old house, my garage, it was more like a clinic than a garage :smile  the bikes and car are parked in the communal garages, the bikes are in a folding shelter away from prying eyes. I blag the parking space of the apartment opposite which is mostly unused (hopefully 'Kenneth' will be in it from March) I can do minimal stuff to the bikes due to the building rules I do push the envelope though and get dirty looks when I take the seat and tank off the Triumph. Just been down there doing a touch up of the paintwork on its front mudguard I was asked "doing preventative maintenence Roger"  by the British presidente, ex headmaster in UK bit of a misery but his son has a Blackbird so he seems to feel an afinity with me re bikes. Different to when we brought the Vulcan out and he bollacked me for washing it in front of the edificio against the rules see. :upset:

Reply to this Topic
drsqueelgood

Apr 05

drsqueelgood says:

Well done Rog.

I must admit that I look 'green eyed' at your and Ninja's posts most of the time. It's the kind of lifestyle I could easily adapt to. But, i've got a good 10 years before I can retire so any plans will need to be purely fictitious until then.

Keep posting stuff about your time in Spain though, coz it cheers me up.:roll eyes:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

Well done Roger & Nina

for toughing it out over there. It must be hell.
I don't know how you can stand it, what with the beautiful summer we had over here last year. You must have been looking across in envy.

Anyways, how are you mate? I'm off sick at the moment with bronchitis, so haven't been riding much. I've not seen your mate since early summer last year. I think he said he was going back to Afghan not long after.
You told me to have a Jasperizer. I think I'll pass on that, I'm on a healthy eating thing at the moment and the thought of all that fat running down my sleeve is a bit off putting. I'll be going to Camborne again soon to inspect Adrian's steam roller.

Take care mate and keep your head covered.
Rich.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

It's hell Richard

but it's cross we can just about bear :sunglasses:

He's going back to Afghanistan ? at his age ? Camborne eh, make sure to lock your car don't have any nice alloy wheels on it or better still borrow someone elses banger, a nice 1995 fiesta  fits in quite well there wiv da boom boom exsort onnit innit :laugh: Yep we're fine I had  my normal winter cough over xmas but not as bad as it would have been in Cornwall got over it rapido though. Yeh ! slug bustin ! we're on a healthy diet and shed the xmas/new year excesses thingy, that bugger babyrocket led me astray then Nina's brother and my sis inlaw led me into more badness  and of course CARLA of Heartbreak fame, how she crams a whole bottle of red wine into 2 glasses I don't know, the cross we have to bear eh :wink: take care yourself mate anytime you want some sunshine you know where we are.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Dr S

will do nice to know the pics are appreciated. tbh I never thought I'd even consider life in Spain, my impression of the Costa Blanca was formed by Benidorm and what I saw on TV. Albir is only about 5 miles from Benidorm but is actually worlds away from the nonsense that goes on there, the Sierra Helada hills keep the dafties on the Benidorm side :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle