You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Twist of the Wrist

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Twist of the Wrist

so I've bought the book on the kindle and have started reading it, at the moment trying to get my head about why he wants me to spend dollars?and which way the Camber goes:blink:

all very confusing.

So my question is, has anyone else read it?

and if so did it improve your riding?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 January 2013 22:33)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Bump

Bump

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Was

considering buying it. I've read and applied motorcycle roadcraft and read the IAM's text book but those are both road based. Unless you're a track fiend I'd read one of them (ideally the former, the latter is similar with pretty pictures) first and that'll give you a good solid foundation to improve your riding before applying more racing orientated stuff.

Reply to this Topic
Steveyman

Jan 08

Steveyman says:

Phil

I have also read the roadcraft and the IAM book, but I do also have a copy of the twist of the wrist dvd. I haven't read the book so I can't comment on that.

The dvd however, yes it is a bit cheesy at times but it is very informative and covers some very interesting points about riding motorcycles, such as the survival reactions, countersterring, throttle control etc etc.

I would recommend it to anyone, it possibly goes into the technical side of riding a motorcycle a bit more than the roadcraft and the IAM book.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

Twist of the Wrist 2 is a great watch, I mean my mate used to lean off his bike like a twat, I had to make him watch it. Such a great guide for anyone to follow, it wont make you a pro, however it'll make you more aware of the stupid shit you do when riding.

Sadly the instructors for tests are shit, they cannot ride bikes themselves, so you never end up getting taught important things.

Reply to this Topic
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

Instructors are shit........

justbe.........kiss my shiny metal ass :mad: nice sweeping statement there.....probably why they couldn't teach you anything

Reply to this Topic
pav31

Dec 13

pav31 says:

Twist II

Don't waste you time with the book, there is a dvd version which is soooo much better. If you seriously want to learn though forget twist of the wrist and go do the California Superbike School for real, its quite expensive but worth every penny!!! You will learn many skills you can not get from a book/dvd.... trust me I tried :)

https://www.facebook.com/Pav31Racing

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices