Skip to content

Discuss This New Honda MSX125 announced New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Honda MSX125 announced

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New Honda MSX125 announced

The Honda MSX125 is the bike Honda hopes will continue the legacy of the original Honda Monkey, first unveiled in 1963. The 12 inch-wheeled MSX125 is powered by a four-speed four-stroke 125cc engine and features USD forks and wide, low profile tyres. The bike is manufactured in Thailand and is due on sale in the UK in late spring 2013.    

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 January 2013 09:55)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

I think this..

..might make it here in the States. As the small bike market revs up here this just might be the ticket for a small fun runabout that might even find itself on the back of a camper or two?

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

That could make quite a fun bike for nipping around town, certainly a more useful prospect than one of those cheap quads that seem to be popping up everywhere. Myself, I don't see the point of them on the road, but that's just me. 

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Billysollocks

Seems the 'quad' thing around here is because chavy idiots with cash just wanna scare the beejesus out of pensioners and burn up and down the high street without a helmet 'cus they think it makes em look hard - not so 'ard when they come flying off - ever seen what happens to a watermelon hitting tarmac at 40mph?

Reply to this Topic
Rotherider

Dec 12

Rotherider says:

125's

I can't see the point of this bike.  Surely it just promotes 'chavish' behaviour by 14 year olds and their mates. 

Having said that, we do need more full size 125's for the learner market.  If you are into big 'superbikes' then their are loads to choose from, but beginers have very little choice.  A large showroom will have one or two 125's tucked away in the corner if you are lucky.

Reply to this Topic
nibbler362

Jan 13

nibbler362 says:

Great idea

:smileSack1 might be right: something ideal for the back of a camper. Can't take any of my daily rides on the back of mine 'cos they're too heavy but one of these will be ideal. Was looking at buying an old C90 anyway but now this is coming have just called the dealer and put my name down for one!

Reply to this Topic
Jarrefan

Nov 09

Jarrefan says:

Cool

@ 130mpg and costing around £2600...cool

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

125cc Class

Honda needs to make a 124.9cc, supercharged inline-4 that revs to 25K rpm and weighs less than 100 kg. Now that would be a learner bike.

Reply to this Topic
Jewish

Jan 13

Jewish says:

Can't wait

Get some right motorcycle snobs on here lol These are going be more of a hit with the over 30's, this style of bike is great to ride, I own a few Kawasaki KSR110's and love the handling of them. Can cut through traffic, cheap on fuel and mod parts are cheap. The MSX125 is also getting produced in Thailand so expect tons of cheap mod parts. I've ordered one already and can certainly say I'm looking forward to it, given the choice I would take this out over my R6 any day for shear fun. You do get a few comments from bike snobs, the type of bellends that typically ride Harley's but these bikes are just about fun. Try riding one before passing judgement.

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

Honda 125cc class...the '60s

This is what we had to put up with in the '60s. 125s which could really shift!

http://www.vintage-honda.com/

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
tygapaul

Mar 13

tygapaul says:

MSX125

We've had our MSX125 about two months now and it is a really cool bike. I can see it has a lot of potential and is going to be a hit the World over. We have started marketing parts and a blog at www.msx125.net

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices