Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Britten V1000 ridden First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Britten V1000 ridden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Britten V1000 ridden

The ultimate nonconformist race bike, the Britten V1000 was hand-built by a dedicated team led by maverick engineer John Britten in New Zealand in the early '90s. Only 10 bikes remain, and after a year of negotiations, MCN's Adam Child flew half way around the world to ride it.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 January 2013 12:39)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bob the builder

Feb 03

John Britten, sadly missed by the bike world. he was ahead of time ,designing bikes.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

what a bike...

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

And after

all this time it's still more of a prototype than the supposed prototypes that compete in todays MotoGP which are really nothing more than superbikes but slightly lighter with a little more power. The Britten is proof that you don't need millions to design and build a working and succesful prototype motorcycle.

If MotoGP was filled with designs and ideas like that on the Britten what an incredible class of racing it would be.

Reply to this Topic
Bikerchas

Sep 12

Bikerchas says:

Excellent video about an absolutely classic machine. Good work Chad.

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

Britten

I was fortunate enough to see the Britten race @ Laguna Seca back in the day. Andrew Stroud was able to reel in the Ducatis at will. It was a thundering beast ! I spent hours inspecting it in the pits and i'm still amazed, to this day, at the innovation, design and craftmanship of this legendary machine. Just imagine what he may have come up with next......

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Veeee

The way the camera shook on the penultimate corner I thought for a brief second he nearly dropped it! Agree with DoomedDog completely. Had a poster of this on my wall in the 90's from Performance Bike magazine, alongside an NR750 and a tricked up ZZR1100.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Adrenaline Pumping

I can remember the Britten at the TT in the early 1990's. In particular sitting on the bank just below Creg-ny-baa and watching it pick the front wheel up out of the slow right-hander. I think it was Nick Jefferies riding. The sound was fantastic. I must go through my old photo's and find it.

Reply to this Topic
mozart

Nov 10

mozart says:

TT 94

Me and my old man, were sat at quarry bends when nick jeff came crawlin past on the brit. after the marshall had come through, we jumped on my dads gpz and saw nick, not much further on from quarry

the britten was leaning against a garden wall, an old lady had give nick a cup of tea, and i got a pic of me sat on the britten. memories........ what a machine

Reply to this Topic
Jason Hall

Aug 02

Jason Hall says:

For all Britten enthusiasts.

If you haven't seen it you should get a copy on "One Man's Dream - the Britten Bike Story". It documents the full story of making the final version of the bike and all the testing and the land speed record stuff they did with a dustbin fairing and no silencers.

My copy is on VHS. I wrote directly to Ruffel Films in Christchurch asking how I could get a copy and within a week, they just sent me one and kindly asked me to send them a cheque for £20GBP to cover the price and P&P. How cool was that?

I'm sure it must be on DVD now. It is something you will watch over and over again.

John Britten was an amazing man - such a shame that he died so young.

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

Britten DVD

Here you go;

I think that you can also watch it on You Tube.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices