Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Britten V1000 ridden First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Britten V1000 ridden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Britten V1000 ridden

The ultimate nonconformist race bike, the Britten V1000 was hand-built by a dedicated team led by maverick engineer John Britten in New Zealand in the early '90s. Only 10 bikes remain, and after a year of negotiations, MCN's Adam Child flew half way around the world to ride it.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 January 2013 12:39)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

I don’t know all the technicalities of the Britten....how much of it was innovative and have any of its engineering break throughs made it into the main stream?

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I have seen and heard this beast go round Assen, when competing in a Bott race. This stands for Battle of the Twins. There were many other technicaly interesting bikes in this class. Over Yamaha from Japan had some cool bikes as well i thought. Good times, with Paddock passes easy to come by. walking around and checking great creations. Magni Guzzi's as well, beautiful bikes. But this Britten was the one. Kick ass bike.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Britten V1000

other wise know as the fastest lawn mower in the world, Well in NZ anyway, mainly because it was built in the back garden shed so to speak. It was hard to beleive that this thing was trashing factory Ducati 851,s & 888 in it,s day at Daytona. There were few place,s it could run but  Bott and SOS racing was the best , and it,s a shame those class,s are,nt more popular. They were the true prototype bikes in my mind and most of the tuning was DAD & DAVE with there own specials not  Factory efforts. SOUND OF SINGLE (SOS)  anyone can have a go and it,s sort of what that 450 mx bike converstion class is all about, full turn of circle then. I guess thats why classic racing is so popular now cause it,s the best way to go for all those true enthusists that develope and tune their dreams to what they can. Has the BRITTEN ever been to GOODWOOD ??? Thats prob the only place you,ll ever hear or see it these days. What a Machine.

Reply to this Topic
ginganz13

Nov 09

ginganz13 says:

Awesome

Just saw Stroud ride it round the Cemetery Circuit in Wanganui - serisouly guys don't bugger about in the cold and wet  - there's an awesome street racing series in the NZ  summer (December)  with a huge history -

I know there are tons of conspiracy nuts out there - but is there any clearer instance of  institutional market 'guarding' holding back real development than this? The talent wasted by vested interests protecting their 'business' rather than innovation is criminal.

Brave rider taking it round Pukekohe - it's like a bloody goat track - did a track day on a VFR and nearly got launched out of the seat!

Reply to this Topic
RobinC

Sep 11

RobinC says:

Britten

We were at Daytona when it won, a fantastic sight, made all the better by Andrew stroud doing stand up near vertical wheelies at high speed on the banking! Its a sight that will live with me for ever.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Just awesome, best story about an amazing bike.

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

If you've not quite had your fill of the Britten, here's a link to a documentary on the machine and it's maker.

http://www.nzonscreen.com/title/britten-backyard-visionary-1993

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices