Skip to content

Ask an Expert 0% Honda Finance - Required Insuance? Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > 0% Honda Finance - Required Insuance?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

RobotN1XON

Dec 12

RobotN1XON says:

0% Honda Finance - Required Insuance?

0% honda finance - required insurance?

I've just been down to the dealer and put in an order for a new CBF125 with finance. Everything seemed great and I paid £150 deposit up front, only to get home and read the small print. I'm not sure how to interpret this, but according to my dad it means I need to get comprehensive cover with £0 excess:

"Whilst  title in the vehicles remains to the Seller, the Purchaser shall keep the vehicle safe and in good condition and insure it to it's full replacement value against all usual risks and shall forthwith account to the purchaser for any proceeds of such insurance, without deduction."

If this means what I think it means, I can't get insurance on this bike, in which case I've been completely screwed over as I have only just found about this after getting home.

On a sidenote, this was Dobles in Surbiton, supposed 2011 & 2012 "Dealership of the year" according to MCN.

Please help!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 January 2013 20:09)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Sounds

to me like you have to keep it insured for its full value and if it gets damaged you're liable to pay them the full value of the vehicle, including the excess. This does not seem to mean you must get a policy with no excess, only that you are liable for this. I.e. If you get a £200 excess and the vehicle is written off, you have to give Honda the full value of the insurance payout and you also have to cough up the excess and give that to Honda as well.

Breakdown:

"Whilst  title in the vehicles remains to the Seller - whilst you have it but the actual owner is the dealer

the Purchaser shall keep the vehicle safe and in good condition - you'll take good care of it, keep up with basic  maintenance and take reasonable steps to ensure it's not stolen.

and insure it to it's full replacement value against all usual risks - you'll keep it insured

and shall forthwith account to the purchaser for any proceeds of such insurance, without deduction. - they will ask you for the insurance payout without any deductions like excess, which you'll have to pay, even if the insurance doesn't.

That's my take on it anyway.

EDIT: but I am drunk.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

And

see if you need to add gap insurance, as the value of the bike will drop as soon as you buy it. Gap insurance will cover the difference between what you owe the finance company and the much lower price your insurer will value it at, in the event of a claim.

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

ahh don't worry dude, basically the fineprint is, you break it you still gotta pay for it, thats the bottom line. it's the same with any finance deal on anything in the world, you buy a brand new tv and knock it over the finance company don't care you still gotta pay

who you use as insurance or what level has nothing to do with honda finance europe(who no doubt are doing the finance as ive had finance through them myself)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices