Skip to content

Ask an Expert Crash Damage? New rider

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > New rider > Crash Damage?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

meyer

Jan 13

meyer says:

Crash Damage?

Hi, wonder if anybody can help me?

I ran my 125cc off the road and in to a hedge a couple of weeks ago and it hasn't been handling right ever since. After the crash I straightened out the bent gear lever, clutch and front brake levers and then rode it to my local bike shop for a check up. On the way I noticed that the bike was pulling to the left.

The mechanic said that apart from a bit of clutch drag and a smashed speedo case it was roadworthy.

Since then I have taken it back again because it just doesn't handle as well as it used to. The mechanic rode it around the block and said it was OK (apart from the clutch drag) and that the handling problem was in my head. I beg to differ!

Having ridden nearly 3000 miles on this bike I reckon I have a pretty good feel for the way it handles and I am sure it's not right.

When going in a straight line the back wheel feels like it wants to slide to the left and I am sure it occasionally 'flicks'. I have no confidence in cornering as when leaning in to bends the whole bike feels as if it wants to slide out from under you so I have to crawl round corners. Today I checked the front suspension and found it to be very soft, which it wasn't before the crash.

Can anybody tell me whether this is a simple recognisable problem or whether I have damaged the suspension/swing arm/frame?  I need this bike to travel to and from work,

Thanks

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 January 2013 22:32)

Post a message in New rider

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

damage

Welcome with a hidden profile,what bike,year,mechanic?

From what you say you need a m/c technician.

Reply to this Topic
meyer

Jan 13

meyer says:

Crash Damage?

Bike is a Kymco Pulsar LX 125 (2010). Up to now it's been no problem.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices